Problem with saving media on Huawei, no downloads/uploads/pictures possible.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Whenever I try to save a piece of media in any way possible (send a picture through whatsapp, download a pic, send a voice message, take a screenshot) it gives me an error message instead. Sometimes when I reboot it works for the first few minutes. The error messages just say "camera failed", "download failed" or "file format not supported" (for audio messages).

I have tried to find a solution online for this. This led to me updating all apps and firmware, reinstalling whatsapp, rebooting a gazillion times, clearing the cache, making sure the date and time settings were right and checking if they were writing onto the SD card or internal storage. Both storage locations have multiple gigs of free space.

The phone I'm using is an older model Huawei, the P8 lite. I've only been using it for two months now, it was new before this (sat on the shelf for a while). I've had bad experiences with previous cheap huawei models, but this is my backup phone.

What can I do to fix this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you confirm that this problem occurs when you're trying to save to Internal Storage? I ask because it's common for SD cards to fail or become corrupt, so if the SD card is the default storage location, that could explain it.