Problem with Vibrate and Silent modes

BlackFlag77

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Pretty new to Android and I've always used my volume buttons on my Evo 3D to go all the way to the Silent or Vibrate modes. All of a sudden when I try to do this the green volume bar doesn't go all the way down for Vibrate or Silent, and notifications and phone calls are making noise. I'll attach a couple photos showing what I mean.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? It's pretty annoying since I need my phone on vibrate during work. Would really appreciate any help, thanks!

BlackFlag77

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
No, I tried changing the Sound options over and over and nothing worked. Eventually I did a hard reset and everything was working fine for awhile and then the issue came back.

So what I had to do was disable the Google automatic settings backup and it asked me if I was sure, and that it would delete my backups from the Google servers. Then I did another hard reset and it hasn't come back. Not really a solution, but the only way I could get it to stop. Hope that helps.

Reactions: WestCoastJedi

WestCoastJedi

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
@BlackFlag77

Ok thanks for the update i've looked on all kinds of forums and have yet to find the cause. Looks like i'm headed down the same option you took. Might take it in to the sprint tech but he's probably gonna suggest the hard reset since this seems to be a rare glitch. Thanks again

WestCoastJedi

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Update: Seems like the issue may be related to the spiderman 3d game. I had never launched it and while my son and i where at the Dr.s office he turned it on and played for awhile afterwhich he went to watch a movie and there was no sound. I was able to fix the sound issue with a re-boot but still have the issue you stated above with the volume indicator not going all the way clear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smallfoot715