Problems after 2.2 update - post here.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Another issue, maybe someone has a fix for that...
Sometimes, randomly, the pattern unlock feature will just not work properly - you slide your finger along the path, and you get "interrupted" - it only lets you connect 3 dots and then seems to think that you removed your finger...
Any thoughts on that?

astraelraen

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere on these forums that one person was able to improve their battery life by changing the wifi sleep policy. I too had really bad battery life after the OTA 2.2 update (I even used odin to revert back to stock and upgrade a second time as a test). If you want to give it a try, go to Settings - Wireless & Networks - Wi-Fi Settings - Advanced - Wi-Fi Sleep Policy. By default it was set to "Never" and I changed mine to sleep "When screen turns off". You mileage will vary but battery life definitely improved for me (I had previously done the battery calibration per another thread). I know that there are some other threads on how to improve battery life that may help out as well so you may want to check them out as well. As always, your mileage may vary but I hope it helps you out.

I changed this and it helped the battery life on my wife's phone tremendously. I don't remember this setting being there pre 2.2. I don't remember ever seeing this option on my Droid X either, I wonder why Samsung would add it in, then make wifi enabled all the time. Sounds like poor QA.

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
No one else is having bluetooth problems? :(

Unfortunately I don't use Bluetooth, so I might have problems and not know it...
But chances are that if you're willing to root the phone, you could use Titanium Backup to backup all your apps and settings, wipe the phone, then restore all apps and then ONLY the settings I described above - if you don't restore the Bluetooth settings, maybe it'll work again...

Skarlet32

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I don't use Bluetooth, so I might have problems and not know it...
But chances are that if you're willing to root the phone, you could use Titanium Backup to backup all your apps and settings, wipe the phone, then restore all apps and then ONLY the settings I described above - if you don't restore the Bluetooth settings, maybe it'll work again...

yeah I'm not a fan of rooting. I'm almost tempted to do a factory restore. It's just frustrating as I had just gotten this as a replacement for the phone that the froyo update completely messed up.

I've found more often that not that rebooting the phone lets reconnect it but that can get old quick, especially when it takes 2-3 mins just to turn it back on (ie turning it off and then pushing the power button until it finally shows the samsung logo). I have noticed that if I don't allow the car to read my contacts that it seems to work better, but that doesn't solve my headset.

scpatl4now

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Pepperwheel, I'm having the same problems with my Ford Sync system. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. My phone will sync sometime but most of the time it won't even though my phone says it is connected. I was also using the phone through the Ford Sync system and during the phone call it disconnected and went back through the phone. I was going to try to remove the phone from the Ford Sync system and reinstall it. I'll let you know what happens.

I'm having the same issue with 2010 Ford Explorer. All was good before 2.2. I did a clean pairing (master reset on the car) paired the phone and it cuts off after about 20 seconds usually. It did work on one call for 3mins, but it is totally unreliable. Someone needs to fix this

scpatl4now

May 24, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: I removed my phone from the Sync system menu in my car and then re-synced my phone back to the car. That seems to have fixed the problems I was having syncing my phone to my car after receiveing the froyo update. Hope this helps.

I did the same thing...worked once then went back to the 20 second disconnect. Is it still working for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201