Problems after 2.2 update - post here.

RMThompson

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Figured it's time to create a "hey I'm having a problem" thread.

Unfortunately, I'll go first...

I am running a never-rooted Fascinate. Got the OTA update, loaded fine. HOWEVER I was in Launcher Pro when it rebooted, and none of my widgets loaded and I kept getting a "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." error.

So I tried to switch to the default home, to no avail, and then even went to try to update everything in MARKET, but I get the same error when I try to load it.

I haven't tried any calls/messages yet.

Ideas?

curley

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i got the "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." error.

If you installed the google search widget, you will need to uninstall that to stop the force close errors.

Had the same issue, forgot I installed that when I got the phone.

Reactions: wtherrell

RMThompson

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yep, it was the Google Search Widget.

Can we get it back?

Kind of funny, I deleted ALL this other software, but overlooked GOOGLE because, well, you know we should have GOogle. lol

mightyjimmy

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I too lost my widgets. I use LauncherPro. It was simple to reload the widgets. However, another issue which I haven't been able to resolve is that when I access the Android Market thru the web, it says I do not have a phone associated with my account. Which of course is bogus. I'm able to access the Market thru the phone's app with no problems.

RunSilent23

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
My email coming through the stock email app is no longer displayed using HTML. I am getting the following message:

"If you're reading this text your email client is not HTML-capable. Please upgrade your email client or change your user preferences. Thank you."

I don't see where I can change the settings from plaint text to HTML. Any ideas? (Gmail is fine)

linusan

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I now get full battery popup. I tried to use the hidden menu to remove it but the hidd menu seems to be broken for the battery popup

amaskell12

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I"m running stock version of froyo. Is anyone else having issues with gallery? I cant edit or delete any images or movies. Once I select to do so it just continues to say "deleting"
Also, when i remove my usb, it now says no sd card detected. what the heck? ive tried mounting and unmounting and STILL no luck, my phone no longer reads my sd card. great

Last edited:

bellbk

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
How does one uninstall the Google Search Widget when I can't get the error messages/Force Close windows to stop popping up?

Blennidae

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Yep, it was the Google Search Widget.

Can we get it back?

Kind of funny, I deleted ALL this other software, but overlooked GOOGLE because, well, you know we should have GOogle. lol

I was getting the same "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." as you were. I deleted the google search app and that stopped it.

I wanted to see if it had removed the ability to add the widget and found there was still an option for a "google" widget. I figured I'd see what happened if I used it, and it put up a different looking widget (has a blue G, and a pull down arrow) and then tried restarting my phone.

This time no "The process com.google.process.gapps has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and I have the google search widget.

I am using Launcher pro plus and also got the same problem others had with loading their widgets. Removing and replacing them fixed that.

Now I am only getting force close message about Aldiko, I'll try reistalling it to see if that helps.

david.furniss

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Installed OK but do9n't like the Verizon crapware

2.2.1 installed without a hitch, but I don't like the Verizon crapware plus it made me redo my home screens to get back to what I want displayed. Have not tested phone functions yet, but email and internet work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej