Problems after 2.2 update - post here.

kuntry973

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
froyo problems?

So I just updated my fascinate to froyo. Before I updated my phone was doing well. Going fast, booting right, etc. Now it take my phone five minutes just about to get itself situated. Anybody else had problems after they updated to froyo? My phone is real SLOW

sandman96

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having audio problems after the update. Every now and then i get no sound during phone calls. When i make a call i cant hear the phone ring or the person on the other side. A soft reset fixes the problem but i dont want to have to reset my phone constantly just to make phone calls.

My phone is not rooted and im using launcher pro.

I've had a problem similar to this only when I'm talking to my gf who's on At&t. Usually happens when she calls me, we'll be talking and all of a sudden I can't hear her anymore but she can still hear me. I called Verizon about it and got no where, they said they've never heard of this problem and that I'd probably have to reset my phone to fix it. I've also had issues where I'm not getting all of the txt's that she sends me, Verizon said they were delivered to my phone, but my phone didn't display them. I've since turned off the auto delete feature to see if that helps.

This was such a better phone before the hack update...

Shoesmom

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
May have fixed the problem

Pepperwheel, I'm having the same problems with my Ford Sync system. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone. My phone will sync sometime but most of the time it won't even though my phone says it is connected. I was also using the phone through the Ford Sync system and during the phone call it disconnected and went back through the phone. I was going to try to remove the phone from the Ford Sync system and reinstall it. I'll let you know what happens.

UPDATE: I removed my phone from the Sync system menu in my car and then re-synced my phone back to the car. That seems to have fixed the problems I was having syncing my phone to my car after receiveing the froyo update. Hope this helps.

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with the 4tab lockscreen? Whenever I try to pull open the TSM tab the phone locks up hard. Then after about 30 seconds or so it vibrates a few times and reboots on it's own.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with the 4tab lockscreen? Whenever I try to pull open the TSM tab the phone locks up hard. Then after about 30 seconds or so it vibrates a few times and reboots on it's own.

You have to link an app to it. Go into the TSM parts in menu=>settings and click on custom app. Choose what you want and that app will open when you slide the TSM tab.

cgaines2101

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well my main issue with the froyo update is the battery drain. It's enough that I called Verizon about it. They didn't have a replacement battery of the same size so they sent me the extended battery and cover for no charge since I am still under warranty. OMG this thing is friggn huge. I can't find a case for it and not sure what I can do to help protect the phone. Not sure how to deal with the increased size of the phone now either! UGH I will take any suggestions if you have them

headphase

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to return my green Messaging icon to my home bar at the bottom? I can't figure this one out and I liked having an easy one click access to my texts.

jennd1015

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
1. I noticed a lot of people having issue with Silent Mode. Hold down the power button, this menu now has more options. Silent, Mobile Data, Airplane Mode, & Power off.
I can't figure out why anyone would want to turn off the mobile data unless they don't have unlimited data plan.

2. Battery life is horrible, and on every forum I have visited most are complaining about it. I set my phone the exat same as it was before the update, and now only get about 4 hours before in the yellow, before I could get at least 10.

3. Gallery has glitches with deleting multiple pics. (looked through threads didn't notice a fix)

4. We now hvae screen capture, set up kind of dumb. Hold back button then tap power button, and a msg will pop up "screen captured. saved image" I found the file in my files under ScreenCapture.

5. My phone seems to lag a bit now changing screens, opening apps etc.

I hate to do a hard reset but may need to, when I do I just may root. I have seen very little complaints from rooted (unless they brick it) Not sure what to do ????

semmelbroesel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
After experiencing some issues of my own after the 2.2 upgrade, I decided to bite the bullet and go the following path:
I rooted my phone (required for the backup program), installed Titanium Backup, backed up everything, Factory Reset the phone and then experimented with restoring everything.

First of all, does anyone know if there is a way in Titanium Backup to restore all my apps without having to click "Install" and "Done" 185+ times (i.e. once for each app that is being restored)?

The result is that my phone seems to run faster now - I did NOT restore all system preferences, though - all I restored was Accounts, SMS, Gmail, Calendar, Memo, TWCLauncher (for my desktop icons).

All the time while I was messing with my phone, the camera worked fine, but my accounts didn't show up yet, so I rebooted the phone. Now I have all my accounts and email and stuff, but the camera is dead again - "Please wait..." and no further response.

I did try some suggestions a while back about restoring the camera firmware from the current ROM which didn't help, but then my camera works fine just after the factory reset - only the backup restore breaks it again... I do have a few camera apps installed, so it could be one of them, or it could be one of the few system settings I restored - no idea...

Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out what could possibly cause this? I frankly can't believe that there hasn't been an official solution to this yet other than factory reset...

Also, if anyone has a solution to the "restore all apps without clicking hundreds of times in the process" issue, I'd at least be able to continue testing which system settings or apps cause the camera issue...

Thanks!

Last edited:

skim23

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
First of all, does anyone know if there is a way in Titanium Backup to restore all my apps without having to click "Install" and "Done" 185+ times (i.e. once for each app that is being restored)?

You probably have a free version of Titanium Backup right? You can restore all your apps at once in paid version.

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I need a little help. I have searched the forum regarding my gps after the froyo update. It will not lock in google maps/navigation like it did before the update. It gets to the screen where it shows my general area and just displays "searching for gps" without locking in on the satellite and starting voice navigation. I have tried:

1. Just checking the box next to google location services
2. Just checking the box next to stand alone gps services (when I did this, it never went to the map just said waiting for location. This solution was suggested in another thread, but it didn't work for me)
3. Checking all 3 boxes (vzw, stand alone, and google)
4. Checking the boxes next to google and standalone location.

None of my other gps dependent apps work either (E.g. igolf) but fancy widget is updating.

Most posts related to gps on the thread explain that you need to turn off gps to get better battery life, but has anyone had trouble with their phone not locking in on the satellites while using google maps/navigation? Is there a setting I need to turn on/off that I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

headphase

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Fixed my texts.

But now i have no ringtone, when I go to settings>sound settings>voice call ringtone it vibrates twice, then the program crashes. This sucks.

herbb623

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 Fascinates. All 3 experiencing same GPS issues. When I first got them last Sept, GPS was horrible. Rarely worked. After a couple updates and especiall after EA28, GPS worked great on all 3. I could turn it off/on whenever I wanted to and get locks in under a minute. Life was good.
Then Froyo 2.2 came out and I'm back to very sporatic locks. Been trying all combos of turning off/on gps and location services. Using GPS Status and Toolbox seems to help, some. When I cant get a lock, starting gps status and using its Tools/ Reset AGPS data usually helps, but not always.
i'm convinced its a software bug with how the GPS gets turned on and possibly in what order. ( from notification bar versus menu settings and what other location servives / wifi may of may not be turned on at the time. )
Anyway...I'm hoping some maintenance release appears shortly that fixes this.
All 3 phones also 'seem' a little bit slower to me. ( I've done mutliple factory resets on all 3).

Brandermill533

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi Herbb623,
This may or may not help (and you may have done this already), but I uninstalled Google maps and reinstalled it and now my gps is working like it should. I have standalone gps checked and google location service checked in the location & security settings. It also worked with just the standalone gps service checked ( and this is while indoors ). I am not sure what application you are trying to use the gps for, but after I did this with google maps another application that uses gps also was able to capture my location. Hope this helps.

Deacon2Russia

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Uninstalled Enhanced Google Search, but it still appears in the Widget list. Is anyone else seeing this? Anyone know how to remove it from the Widget list?

Some additional details. I am only seeing this "Search" widget with the blue "g" on a white button icon when running LauncherPro on Froyo. I received the Froyo OTA update from Verizon this past weekend. I encountered the same FC issues as everyone else here. Uninstalled Enhanced Google Search, but the widget is still listed.

Last edited:

Skarlet32

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm having blue tooth issues. I never had a single problem with my bluetooth pre update. The update managed to bork my phone and I got a new one from Verizon.

I got it synced to my Car and my headset and they seemed to work fine at first. I then got into issues where if I was in the car and called someone it wouldn't pipe the sound through the car speakers and would instead vibrate, disconnect the bluetooth on the phones end (car still showed as connected) and then pipe the sound in through the phone. Sometimes it was fixed by transferring the call on the car, most of the time I have to unpair and hope to god that repairing would work.

Suddenly yesterday I started having trouble with the pairing to my headset now :/

Also around the same time the headset went wonky...I had it plugged into the car charger and noticed that it turned on USB debugging...very odd.

THARD11

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm having blue tooth issues. I never had a single problem with my bluetooth pre update. The update managed to bork my phone and I got a new one from Verizon.

I got it synced to my Car and my headset and they seemed to work fine at first. I then got into issues where if I was in the car and called someone it wouldn't pipe the sound through the car speakers and would instead vibrate, disconnect the bluetooth on the phones end (car still showed as connected) and then pipe the sound in through the phone. Sometimes it was fixed by transferring the call on the car, most of the time I have to unpair and hope to god that repairing would work.

Suddenly yesterday I started having trouble with the pairing to my headset now :/

Also around the same time the headset went wonky...I had it plugged into the car charger and noticed that it turned on USB debugging...very odd.

Same issues here, don't know what they did to BT but it ain't right.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe