Problems/Bugs--Samsung Infuse

maxim6194

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Im having some wallpaper issues

-When i go to set a contact image from my gallery it goes into the crop screen, i hit save and nothing happens. The same thing also happens when trying to changemy lock screen wallpaper.

-A couple times now my wallpaper has reset itself back to the default.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I had tried the infuse and noticed much weaker wifi and cell signal strength . Comparing to an Inspire
I've noticed a reception problem on a few different Samsung phones,not sure if this is a hardware problem or software.We'll see if there's a difference in the next software update

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Some observations. hopefully gingerbread will improve.

Wifi - weak signal, take resetting the radio sometimes to pick up networks after moving to another location.

General freeze ups for no apparent reason in some apps. Reminds me of my iphone after jailbreaking. I can see why those with stock IOS are spoiled with their experience. However, I love the screen and size. I love being able to have more control over my experience. for good or bad.

DLNA is very inconsistant

Last edited:

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
for my infuse, it doesnt connect to the att servers and the power button on the side sometimes gets stuck when pressed in. would that be worth 60$ to exchange?

My volume button sometimes gets stuck as well. It's still usable, but very "sticky." Anyone else having this problem too? Seems like a pain to do an exchange just for this, but I'd be in bad situation if it went completely out. Especially in Year Two of having the phone...

achysklic

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Give it awhile the infuse carries a 1 yr factory warrenty. Wait till the yr is almost up,call them get a new phone to last you the second yr of your contract.

rvrocket

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I am having problems with the gps lock on google navigation. When I first got the phone it worked fine and it still works fine on other things. I did a factory data reset and even tried GPSopt app still did not help.

goldenlion007

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
-Mp3s: I had an android prior to the infuse and I loaded custom mp3 ringtones and notifications. Did the same thing for my infuse but they refuse to play. They show up, but they don't play. Very frustrating

Size should not matter on the ringtones. Though I have not experienced these issues personally, its not to say they do not exist.
1. Connect your phone via the charge cord to a PC.
2. Select Mass Storage on the Infuse
3. Wait for phone SD cards to load, open and view both SD cards on the phone through PC via on screen options or through my computer.
4. Choose SD card of choice and create a folder named "ringtones" all lower caps, and another folder named "notifications" also all lower caps.
5. Find all ringtones cut and paste them to the ringtones folder. Do same with notifications.
6. Unplug phone from charge cord and allow for the SD cards to load (mount), check to see if this has resolved your issue.

Sorry if this is a reprint of instructions already posted.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday,I noticed an issue that my phone was saying insufficient memory available right after I was re-uploading my apps after I rooted my phone.I did a factory reset on the phone cause I kept getting an error that the market has stopped working,and to force close.So I did this to fix any issues that was going on before I rooted the phone.The issue on the insufficient memory available turned out to be coming from the new android market,which I just found out now,while I was messing with a few things,so I uninstalled the updates for the android market.This fixed the issue and I was able to finish downloading all the apps I had previously before.

rupst2

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean, "quits working"?

Unable to play videos. Sometimes won't even let me play videos I recorded on the phone when this happens. Says unrecognized format.

Apparently a common issue. Online some have reported it's because of memory issue or twitter app problem. I removed the app and am using the web for twitter and see if it improves.

NEXUS1

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
I got my Samsung Infuse about a week ago and for the most part love it. I have run into a couple of issues, though, and wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing these problems.

-Mp3s: I had an android prior to the infuse and I loaded custom mp3 ringtones and notifications. Did the same thing for my infuse but they refuse to play. They show up, but they don't play. Very frustrating

-Phone deletes apps. I thought I was going crazy at first, but my phone has definitely uninstalled 3-4 of my apps. (I have shortcuts on my phone and then it says there's an error because they aren't installed). Anyone else having this issue?

Also, anyone know a way to use the puzzle piece notification (like for the default SMS)-- if using 3rd party SMS?

Thanks!

My Infuse has just recently started deleting apps off my home screen!!! Also it says i have bars but wont dial out then I turn the signal off and on it goes to no service. It skips when it plays certain custom ringtones. Just recently started doing this hoping the update may fix some of it. Plan on upgrading soon regardless.

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
From my experience with the Infuse, I bought a faulty 16gb micro sd card that gave me some similar issues with some of you. If you have your Ringtones directory on your external sd card. Create a Ringtones folder on your internal and drop them in there. I had no issues with it since.
Same with apps. I didn't realize some apps were installing into my faulty sd card. (*as a reminder, widgets for app will not work if the app is installed to ext sd card.) Move them to internal memory. With as much internal memory the Infuse has, apps don't need to be in ext sd card. Only for the older android phones were that necessary.

After realizing I had a bad micro sd card, exchanged it for a brand new one and has been working perfectly since. Let me know if this relieved any of your issues. You may have gotten a faulty samsung micro sd 2gb as well. It does happen

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
-Phone deletes apps. I thought I was going crazy at first, but my phone has definitely uninstalled 3-4 of my apps. (I have shortcuts on my phone and then it says there's an error because they aren't installed). Anyone else having this issue?

I have had the problem with my phone not necessaritly deleting my apps, just making it to where I can't use certain widgets, such as Pandora. I have moved them all to my phone, but still am unable to add the Pandora widget. If I uninstall it and reinstall it I have that ability again, until I reboot my phone...any thoughts?

briski101

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought my wife the Samsung Infuse to replace her simple messaging phone. I bought it because I heard good things about Samsung phones. Guess I should have found this site first. I use a blackberry torch. If it has the applications available to the Droids or the Iphone then I would have got her one of these. It gets great wifi reception. It doesn't need rebooting every day. It gets great talk time and the battery lasts for days.

The problems with the Infuse is as follows:

1) Wifi reception is awful. It doesn't connect some times without shutting off the radio and turning it back on.
2) It locks ups daily
3) Its battery stinks (I knew this one before I bought it)

Now my wife bought a protective cover and scratched the phone taking it off the pull the battery. So we can't return.

I guess my thoughts about Samsung having good phones was a mistake?

I am praying the Gingerbread upgrade will fix these issues but I am not holding my breath.:'(

kcrandall758

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought my wife the Samsung Infuse to replace her simple messaging phone. I bought it because I heard good things about Samsung phones. Guess I should have found this site first. I use a blackberry torch. If it has the applications available to the Droids or the Iphone then I would have got her one of these. It gets great wifi reception. It doesn't need rebooting every day. It gets great talk time and the battery lasts for days.

The problems with the Infuse is as follows:

1) Wifi reception is awful. It doesn't connect some times without shutting off the radio and turning it back on.
2) It locks ups daily
3) Its battery stinks (I knew this one before I bought it)

Now my wife bought a protective cover and scratched the phone taking it off the pull the battery. So we can't return.

I guess my thoughts about Samsung having good phones was a mistake?

I am praying the Gingerbread upgrade will fix these issues but I am not holding my breath.:'(

I've never run into an issuer with the wifi not connecting on the first try, unless my router st home needs to be restarted.

I have experienced lockups, but mostly due from me doing to much at once. I will saw I have had far fewer lockups than my Captivate.

And yes, the battery does suck.

I've never had a true 'complaint' about Samsung's product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

enlight311

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Wow, you guys must had had the few faulty phones I heard about. I have never had ANY WiFi issues, My battery will last about a day and a half for me on regular uses (a mix games, calls, e-mails, and movies).

I rarely see any lockups on my Infuse, maybe like two lockups or after a month of owning it? My music never skips or pauses, my ring tones are loud and clear with him pauses or skips that I have ran into yet.
I haven't has any issues with my SD Card at all. And as for Apps, ALL Android phones have certain apps that they just don't get along with, or that don't work properly with on that one particular phone.

That's not to say that I haven't ran into any issues at all though, 1 out of every 20 times that I wake my phone my screen brightness turns all the way up for now reason that I can tell. I'm not sure if it is an app or something else? But that's really it. I really hope that Gingerbread dos fix that.

garryweil

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I love my Infuse and the only issue I have is trouble connecting to some access points. I have to disable/reenable WiFi to connect. Bothersome for sure.

admarieb

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problems. It's very frustrating if you are waiting for important information thru text message or a miss a phone call because it's only vibrating. All of sudden it just stops. I restart my phone at least twice a day. I left iPhone for the Infuse and I'm strongly considering going back before the 30 day period ends to return it. I know you can't have custom notifications on the iPhone but the ones on there at least work.

davidbellevue

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had my infuse for 4 months and consistently notice 4 problems:

1. It drops a lot of calls. Much worse than my BB. Also during calls there are spots when you can't hear anything for a bit, then the sound comes back.

2. Sometimes the phone just will not get data. I could not figure out why, with bars showing, etc; then when it would happen, I would switch to airplane mode, then back. After a moment data returns. WHY?

3. Bluetooth does not automatically connect most of the time. I have to turn off bluetooth, wait a few moments, then turn back on, in order to use my car hands free.

4. Random reboots. Maybe once every couple of days...but should not do this at all.

Anyone have any suggestions about what to do with these problems? I do run juice defender on their "balanced" profile.

Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332