Problems/Bugs--Samsung Infuse

KNormark

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Infuse 4G charging issues

I bought my Samsung Infuse about 6 months ago and am now on my third phone. The first phone had problems dropping phone calls and the contact on the other line said it sounded as though I was "talking underwater". The second phone had sound problems which means it didn't make any sounds. This caused me to miss phone calls, text messages and be late for things because the alarm did not sound.

My third and current Samsung Infuse is now having problems charging. The charger is fine but the phone does not read that it is plugged in therefore it does not charge. I have plugged into the charger that came with it, my car charger and another charger and plugging it into different outlets. I have tried turning it off, taking out the battery still nothing.

I am wondering if any one else is having these problems with their phone and if so if is there a solution. I am almost to the point of telling AT&T to send me a completely different device because why should I have them replace this phone a fourth time.

KNormark

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I have had my infuse for 4 months and consistently notice 4 problems:

1. It drops a lot of calls. Much worse than my BB. Also during calls there are spots when you can't hear anything for a bit, then the sound comes back.

2. Sometimes the phone just will not get data. I could not figure out why, with bars showing, etc; then when it would happen, I would switch to airplane mode, then back. After a moment data returns. WHY?

3. Bluetooth does not automatically connect most of the time. I have to turn off bluetooth, wait a few moments, then turn back on, in order to use my car hands free.

4. Random reboots. Maybe once every couple of days...but should not do this at all.

Anyone have any suggestions about what to do with these problems? I do run juice defender on their "balanced" profile.

Thanks!
My phone reboots several times a day. Sometimes it just turns itself off and I don't notice until hours later when I wounder why I haven't heard any notifications go off.

I'm second-guessing my decision to get this phone instead of the iPhone4.

sphinx23

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Infuse 4G charging issues

I went threw three phones myself also,to which the guy at the AT&T store said that it was just an bad batch of phones,which I thought to myself how can so many phones not work correctly and is android they way I should go.I would of bought an Iphone but the Iphone 4 wasn't out yet and my current blackberry of mine was literally falling apart,so I decided to give android an chance.

I had the same issue with the underwater voice that other people told me quite often,which I fixed that with my Jabra stone 2 headset,but also found out that you have to habe this phone flat against your face,speak clearly,and be as close to the mic as possible.Now as the charging problem,I was only able to get my phone to work only with the charger that came with it but shortly a few months after,I went on to amazon to purchase an extended battery,which came with an wall mounting charger and two batteries for it.I just swap out batteries after one dies and the battery life has extended alot more compared to the stock one.You may just have an bad connector or the usb in the phone is messed up which was the problem I had with my second phone.You should try leaning it where the plug goes into it up on an book,which helped me in charging my device or look into an extended battery cause they are cheap and some come with an wall charger which run anywhere from $9-$15.

brookie5970

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
my cell phone does not download all of its apps sometimes if i shut it off and back on. I take out the battery and turn it on and off until it finally loads up again. It is highly annoying. Is there something i can do?

cwmont13

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine used off CL and the first thing I did was head over to the Infuse forums on XDA. Where I loaded it with a custom ROM (Infused 2.2.3) and have no issues other than the usual poor battery life. I also went to Amazon and got the charger with spare battery and just swap it when my battery gets low. Honestly the Infuse shipped with a poor OS. You really need to be running a custom ROM to get the best performance from the Infuse. Just my. 02 YMMV

izzy2726

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
My phone keeps flashing the "Samsung" in white with black background, but won't turn on. The battery isnt dead, it was at 75% charged when it randomly turned off. What can I do to fix it? I need answers ASAP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia