ProClip Car Mount is Awesome!!!

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Just an fyi (i'm a reseller for ProClip), If you're using a case or even just BSE type skins, the standard holders won't fit, and you'll have to go with the iphone adjustable holder. If you don't care about having dock like charging, this holder will last you many phones. Here's some pics with my innocased evo in it. And if anyone is interested, I can save you some dough on the ProClip stuff. Have posted more at Android Forums, but am trying to get over here more.
5945d1276222058-proclip-adjustable-car-holder-works-perfectly-encased-evo-evoinnocaseproclip04.jpg

5946d1276222058-proclip-adjustable-car-holder-works-perfectly-encased-evo-evoinnocaseproclip03.jpg
5947d1276222058-proclip-adjustable-car-holder-works-perfectly-encased-evo-evoinnocaseproclip01.jpg
5948d1276222058-proclip-adjustable-car-holder-works-perfectly-encased-evo-evoinnocaseproclip02.jpg

juergen99

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a ProClip in my car with a generic holder part since I have a Seidio case. The base is very surdy and blends in well with my car. I also got a Proclip swivel mount but it is too loose. I can tighten the screw in the swivel joint but it eventually loosens up. I put some superglue in the swivel joint the other day and it stopped movement on one axis but still turns in the other. I will try more superglue tonight. I should have just got the fixed 15 degree wedge instead.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
It's odd that the tilt swivel would just loosen over time unless you're rotating to landscape off and on or adjusting the angle on some sort of continual basis. If you tighten that center screw it's generally solid as can be. I've been a user longer than a seller, and those can be the only normal reasons why it would just spontaneously loosen like that.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Looks fine but their price seems high.
You get what you pay for. Consider that you don't have to change vehicle mounts unless you change cars.

Both of my vehicles use ProClip device holders for the Droid (with power). Not using the ProClip vehicle holders as I prefer Panavise and another aftermarket brand.

I can tighten the screw in the swivel joint but it eventually loosens up. I put some superglue in the swivel joint the other day and it stopped movement on one axis but still turns in the other. I will try more superglue tonight.
Superglue? Try Locktite -- that's exactly what it's designed for.

I've never had issues with the ProClip swivel joints. They do loosen over time but in my experience that's over a period of months.

arw01

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I looked at both mounts, the panavise bolts through a screw in my dash. It requires removing about half the dash panels to get at it!

I like the idea of the proclip more, I'm pretty sure on a hot summer day with the car sealed up, one could use the spreader tool, a plastic putty knife and a little persuasion to remove it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panohoshi Hxo