Proper SD card support

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Is proper read/write SD card support in the works? Why is there still a simulated SD card directory?

This is getting rediculous. If it isn't going g to happen I guess I'll deal with that, I'm just curious if any official word has been given on this either way?

I was under the impression that would be fixed when it was sent in for the LTE upgrade. Is the WiFi version the same way?

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Not sure I thought xoom lte came back with a a os update and that vzw corrected. I don't run stock on my wifi but my rom has this support

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
From what ive read here and in other forums the only way is to root. I haven't done that as I hope ice cream sandwich will contain a fix. If not then after the ics release I would root, but anyway, with using the cloud, sans google docs, music beta, picasa there is a ton of memory on my 16gb memory which I doubt i'll ever use up.

In case others are confused, the additional memory slot is accessible by attaching the xoomto your PC via the usb cable, then you can add music or whatever to it, making making read only. Not any good for editing documents. 16 gb is a heck of a lot of memory, if someone needs all 32 gb that is read and write then for nor rooting is the only soloution.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I would guess that ICS is the solution to this issue, because the phones won't fly as read only access and since ICS is the rejoining of tablets and phones the answer will be there. And since the update pushed to the wifi and returned on the 4g updated tablets is just simply preparation for ICS it will be there that we see a solution to read only SD.