Qi Wireless charger w/Receiver for Galaxy S5

stillmind

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I understand. What is the purpose of the Qi Standard wireless charging receiver module, then? Couldn't that item alone be used instead of the case, since I already have a case? I'd be saving $20. Forgive my ignorance, but I find incredible that in the 21st.C. we still have to buy all these extras to charge a phone wirelessly. As a matter of fact, I think Samsung should provide every customer with one included in the OEM, but maybe that's just me. Thanks again!

ssgokou29

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Hate to say it, but your tech is old. The s6 is out now, and with the newer model, they did include wireless charging out of the box (with a wireless charger of course (sold separately).

If you register your phone with samsung, they may send you a coupon for a % off. Thats what they've always done for me on my past galaxy.

Buying the wireless cover should not be that much as it's an older phone. Also you might be able to find someone online who might sell it to you cheap, cause they either dont like it, or they've upgraded their phones.

the receive module which in this case would be the wireless charger if i'm correct, will link directly with your battery so you do not have to plug in your phone to be charged.

larrykay

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You can go either of two ways:
1: Purchase the charging back cover for your S5, but this increases the depth of the phone just enough so that most covers will not fit.
2: Purchase the Qi receiver that goes inside your phone, and you can use most cover as they will fit just fine. This method is cheaper.
We have two S5's in the house, using one of each, and I find no difference as far as charging...

stillmind

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
The second option you suggest is certainly cheaper; almost by half the price and less bulky which is def a plus. I think that would be a much better idea since I also have two units of the same phone, SG5. I also have an even older one, an iPhone 4s, but i'm not sure whether this charger (Ravpower, Ark series) would be usable for it. In any event, I appreciate your kind advice.