Quear App on my UMX phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have had a App called Quear show up on my UMX approx a week ago. I keep getting a notice from it and tap it and nothing happens and wont go away when swipped right like other notices. I keep killing app but it keeps waking up and running. I cant find info for this app anywhere. Says it was installed from settings, has access to my location phone and storage. Icon for the app is a little green andriod robot. Would it be safe to remove this app? I did not install it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think you posted about this before, but then some other member hijacked your thread asking about snooping on another person's phone, so we had to close that thread. It would still be helpful if you register on this forum, though, so that you can more easily participate in discussion: Join the Android Central Community! - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Are you able to uninstall this app, or is that option greyed out in the Settings>Apps menu? Where do you see this app -- is it in the App Drawer, or do you only see it in the Settings>Apps​ list?

Eelisa Barnes

Aug 18, 2020
Visit site
yes there is an uninstall button but not knowing where this app came from I did not want to uninstall causing a problem. It was not me that posted before but it was not answered and I had it pop up and cant find any info on this app anywhere. It is not on my screen anywhere other then under the Apps when I go to Apps to view all apps on my phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yes there is an uninstall button but not knowing where this app came from I did not want to uninstall causing a problem. It was not me that posted before but it was not answered and I had it pop up and cant find any info on this app anywhere. It is not on my screen anywhere other then under the Apps when I go to Apps to view all apps on my phone.
Hi welcome!
Can you post a screen shot of it and which phone ?
Looks like a low end Chinese phone .

Eelisa Barnes

Aug 18, 2020
Visit site
ok thanks uninstalled it dont know how it got there. Just noticed a few days ago got a message from it but nothing happened when I clicked on it. I kept force stopping it and it was working again a few hours later. I dont use my phone much since I am on disability and home and on my computer most of the time. It was just puzzling me. Could not even find it in the App store or any info on it on the internet anywhere.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
ok thanks uninstalled it dont know how it got there. Just noticed a few days ago got a message from it but nothing happened when I clicked on it. I kept force stopping it and it was working again a few hours later. I dont use my phone much since I am on disability and home and on my computer most of the time. It was just puzzling me. Could not even find it in the App store or any info on it on the internet anywhere.
No problem, could be something that was pre-installed on that device

Eelisa Barnes

Aug 18, 2020
Visit site
I just got a thing that said Quear 1m ago or what ever like normal messages there was no sound or anything just noticed it when I would check other messages. But when I clicked on it nothing happened why I was puzzled what it was. Then I could not even find anything out about it online.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci