Question re: email using sbcglobal.net and Moto Droid

jblackfish

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
HELP!

I can get email and everything seems to be normal and functioning EXCEPT I cannot get a sent email to send. It ends up in the out box with a "email not sent" msg.

My email account settings are:

Incoming Server settings:

Server: android.imap.yahoo.com (followed by user name, which is email address, and password)
Advanced settings: (set by the phone) are port 143, etc. and verify certificate is checked.

Outgoing server settings:

Server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com (followed by same as above.)
Advanced settings: (set by the phone) are port 25, etc.

I have deleted and re-added the account using other server settings but they are all worse. This one works except for being able to send. Can ANYONE help? PLEEEEEZE!

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Although I do not have a Yahoo address, are you trying to add this to the mail app on the phone, or are you using the Yahoo mail app?

jblackfish

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
It's always been one of the email accounts (including several gmail accounts) that is in Settings:Accounts:My Accounts. When I 1st got the phone, I added it and it set up automatically - I didn't have to give it anything except the full address and pswd and it was working great. Then something happened several months later - I'm not aware of having done anything and it stopped working totally so I removed the account. When I added it back it wouldn't set up automatically so I had to look up the server descriptions and put them in manually.

The account works fine except for the send function. Funny thing is, maybe one out of 40-50 emails actually goes out but they all "hang" in the "outbox" folder for a long time until it quits trying and they disappear.

I hope that answers your question.