Questions about purchasing the DROID TURBO from Verizon? Ask here!

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Those who want to purchase the Turbo and have questions, Ask me

Joe - can I make this into an "I've got the DROID TURBO, you've got questions" thread or is the intent more for Verizon's policies?

I've been reading a lot of info on here that's incorrect and i'm honestly just trying to be helpful with giving facts, So people aren't mislead. It's more for the policies, But i've had enough hands on that i can answer most questions.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Will a Verizon manager allow me to upgrade a line 2 months early due to an error? The Verizon customer support over the phone said it wasn't a problem and are actually calling me late in the day tomorrow as a follow up. I'd preferably like to have it in hand for the weekend though!

I've also been a Verizon customer for 18 years.

Honestly, This is all up to Customer Service, I know for sure Managers don't have the option in store to do this, Because then they would pretty much have to let everyone. I honestly want to be careful with what i say here, Because i don't want to lose my job. Your best option is with Customer Service in my opinion.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I suppose I'll ask the obligatory camera question... so, how's the camera? I know you might not have all the details on the sensor, etc, but have you had any hands-on experience? Most new phones take great pictures in the right lighting, but hows the low-light performance in particular?

So far the pictures i have taken are coming out better than expected. I say that, Because Motorola can never get this part right. Unfortunately i can't show the samples, Because its with a demo unit and i am not allowed to post from them. it's a job security thing...

This i can say, I came from a Moto X 14, G3 & M8 and it's on par with all of them and definitely better than any Moto phone to date.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Family (4 lines) is on the More Everything Unlimited Talk and Text Plan. 3 GB data shared. Monthly amount, not incl. taxes is $220.00, or $55 each.

How can we reduce our monthly bill?

If I get a new Droid Turbo, would going to the EDGE program lower our bill?

If I drop out of the family plan, get a separate account, my family stays in as 3 lines will that lower anybody's cost from the current $55 month?

Sorry, I can't answer this, because it puts my job at risk. This would have to be discussed in store or over the phone :( Remember Im answering these questions on my own terms and time, It's not that i don't want to be helpful, but this would be crossing that thin line Verizon draws for employees.

What i can tell you is the cost of the phone and what it would be on Edge.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Joe, those tempered glass protectors you mentioned are Verizon branded right? I love the feel of those on the S5 so I hope so. :)

So glad no more cheapo plastic.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, They are Verizon branded. They are available and ready to be sold at most stores right now.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Joe,
Will the 64GB beast be available in the stores? When I got my current device, the S3, I could only get the 32GB online and all they ever had in the stores was the 16GB version.

64 will DEFINITELY be availble in stores. My store alone got a TON of each model ready to be sold. As long as it's a corporate store of course :)

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Is there an official car dock accessory? Desktop dock? (Like last year's griffin docks for the ultra/maxx, that put the phone in a special dock mode...)

There is Wireless charging docks, But no Car docks.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Does having the Turbo "in hand" sway you toward choosing it over the Nexus? Or are you still going to wait to make your decision? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

I was all Nexus 6, But i knew i wanted to see the Turbo first and in the end i will be ordering the Turbo tomorrow. To me it's a no brainer, Because the Turbo has stock android, Better Battery, Build Quality, Readily available, Cheaper and a better camera. I was impressed and i have always been a Nexus guy.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Joe

Appreciate all the time and effort you put in for us. Some times people forget the narrow path you walk to inform us and keep your employment.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I was all Nexus 6, But i knew i wanted to see the Turbo first and in the end i will be ordering the Turbo tomorrow. To me it's a no brainer, Because the Turbo has stock android, Better Battery, Build Quality, Readily available, Cheaper and a better camera. I was impressed and i have always been a Nexus guy.

Thanks again for your insights Joe!

Posted via Android Central App

TechJunkie#AC

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Honestly, This is all up to Customer Service, I know for sure Managers don't have the option in store to do this, Because then they would pretty much have to let everyone. I honestly want to be careful with what i say here, Because i don't want to lose my job. Your best option is with Customer Service in my opinion.

Thanks Joe! I thought it was a bit odd when the customer rep told me a store manager had the permissions. Looks like I better tone down my ansy-ness and just order over the phone in the morning.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Joe! I thought it was a bit odd when the customer rep told me a store manager had the permissions. Looks like I better tone down my ansy-ness and just order over the phone in the morning.
Yeah, you always will have better luck with customer service when it comes to overriding things.

hajabooja

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

I did a quick online chat with Verizon and got the answer I wanted (yes), but I'm still weary about going in-store tomorrow.

I bought a Moto X through a retail store to use on Moto Maker. I designed the phone and received it on 10/17. Of course, right after I ordered it, the Droid Turbo was leaked. Now having tried the Moto X (fantastic device), I need more battery to get through the day with my work. So my question is; is Verizon going to give me a hard time about exchanging a phone that I bought through the store, but "redeemed" my PIN through Moto Maker?

Thanks in advance!

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

I did a quick online chat with Verizon and got the answer I wanted (yes), but I'm still weary about going in-store tomorrow.

I bought a Moto X through a retail store to use on Moto Maker. I designed the phone and received it on 10/17. Of course, right after I ordered it, the Droid Turbo was leaked. Now having tried the Moto X (fantastic device), I need more battery to get through the day with my work. So my question is; is Verizon going to give me a hard time about exchanging a phone that I bought through the store, but "redeemed" my PIN through Moto Maker?

Thanks in advance!
You should be able to exchange without a problem unless Motorola has a policy that only allows them to take it back. I don't blame you for being a bit weary.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Thanks in advance!

If I'm not mistaken, Moto Maker phones have to be returned to Motorola. I would start the process before you try to get the Turbo.

arkuti

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site

Can I make use of the $100 for any smartphone offer on two Turbo's on the same account? My wife and I both have the S3 and want to upgrade. Also, I haven't seen a time frame for this offer. Any idea how long it will last? Thanks Joe!

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Can I make use of the $100 for any smartphone offer on two Turbo's on the same account? My wife and I both have the S3 and want to upgrade. Also, I haven't seen a time frame for this offer. Any idea how long it will last? Thanks Joe!
Yes, Each line can get this offer. For every turbo you purchase, you qualify for that trade in deal. Time frame I believe goes until at least December.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

If I'm not mistaken, Moto Maker phones have to be returned to Motorola. I would start the process before you try to get the Turbo.
This is what I thought. I purchased a moto x 2014 through moto maker and it states that.

Then again, I bought mine direct from Motorola.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali