R.I.P. Epic touch 4G

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
On this night, there was a torrential downpour. And also on this night, I had marching band practice. Long story short, my Epic Touch is now an Epic brick. I pulled it out of my waterproof pocket after marching band and it was like emptying a cup of water. [/Taps][/EndTaps]

justinlara313

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think he meant in a rice bag... Ya, take out the battery and put everything in the bag for a day or two and your phone will be good as new.. Also, radio shack sells stuff for 20 bucks that will do the same thing but not leave the white rice residue on the phone

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
You might be able to salvage your E4GT. Water itself does not damage electronics, it's just when you try to turn it on and it runs a current over all those sensitive electronics that it causes a problem. The best thing to do if getting your phone wet is take out the battery and let the phone dry out (you may need to open it up) for a couple days (I would be conservative) before turning it on. But just don't try to turn it on when it's still wet -- unfortunately that's what the OP seems to have done. :'(

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Those silica packets that come w/ electronics also work (put as many in a ziplock bag w/ the phone as you can find) if you don't want to try the rice trick.

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I did the rice trick over night, didn't want to turn on or charge this morning. I left it in the rice while I was at class all day.
Good news: It works!
Bad news: There's fog under the screen! It seems to slowly be going away, it's only in one corner now and just a little at that.
I will still be getting a new one though, it's just not right to make it suffer.

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I did the rice trick over night, didn't want to turn on or charge this morning. I left it in the rice while I was at class all day.
Good news: It works!
Bad news: There's fog under the screen! It seems to slowly be going away, it's only in one corner now and just a little at that.
I will still be getting a new one though, it's just not right to make it suffer.

before shelling out $100 try the rice trick for a few days when you go to sleep (provided you have an alarm clock that works). i had the same issues on an og evo gone swimming and let the bad boy sit in rice over a few days. still ticking to this day no issues.

expertzero1

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
id rather just pay 100 dollars now for a new device, but you still got the protection plan, 3 new devices per year so yeah ill do it haha

garrettfarnum

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Well here's the deal, today I found out that the speaker, the vibrate, and the camera all don't work.
I will be getting a new device this week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC