Random pausing of media issue?

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Anyone experienced this or know why my note 9 will randomly pause media? happens on YouTube, podcasts, streaming and there's no power saving on etc

Googling online seems it's been a problem with Samsung phones since back on the S8

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
WiFi interference, weak or aggressive switching between cell and wifi?
My thought too, network connection. We have this kind of issue with our TV which the channels run off of airwaves/wifi

I have had my camera pause and from what I've seen media pausing is usually from a glitchy or overloaded internet connection

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Narrows it down. Or not. So we can rule out wifi? It's not being sent to a TV and is just using Note. And Nite isn't low on storage.

I've never found an Android "top" app to watch what is happening with all the processes, activity, disk, network and memory.

I'd think something like Top command tool to be helpful for diagnostics.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you listening via the speakers or a headset? If a headset, perhaps a bogus pause-button signal is being generated occasionally.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Good luck finding a fix for this issue. I've had this issue with my Note 8, S9 plus, and now the Note 9. It doesn't matter the circumstances, it happens. I don't know why.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been told going into settings/device maintenance/battery/advanced settings and turn off the 'app power monitor' sorts the issue out.

so gonna test it.

Marcoloco36

Nov 27, 2018
Visit site
I have the same issue. With downloaded content. Audio, and video. Wifi, or no. No power saving settings. Streaming over bluetooth, or to my tv. have tried everything.

bigsmoke79

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue. With downloaded content. Audio, and video. Wifi, or no. No power saving settings. Streaming over bluetooth, or to my tv. have tried everything.

The only way I seem to be able to prevent it is to select either switch performance mode to entertainment or high performance! if it's on optimised it just pauses and drives me nuts!