Random volume changes both all the way down and all the way up w/headphones

dbean2

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
I am seeking help with some random volume changes. Let me start from the beginning, I had a S9 plus which was great, until 2 mths ago. I would be working out and about 40 minutes into my workout, the volume would randomly turn all the way down and begin to open and close apps with no prompt. No matter what I did, I could not get the phone to stop nor could I control the random actions unless I forced it off. I tried everything, got new headphones, took off the case etc, factory reset etc.

I was sick of it so I bought a S10 note plus. I had no issues for a month or so and then out of nowhere, it started again today. I turned off the phone and restarted and still, after listening to headphone music for 5 minutes, it volumed all the way down and then all the way up.

Before anyone replies, note that this has happened with various headphone types, I also got a new phone, and yes it still would happen with the case off. This is obviously not uncommon since 2 phones in a row have done it. It doesn't matter what I'm listening to, it has happened with Spotify, Utube, Hulu, Netflix....you name it.

Any advice?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
First of all, are these BT headphones or wired ones? If the latter, the problem might be the USB-C port (or in this case, the headphone adapter if you're using one). If the headphones have a control button and volume, and the port is faulty, the wrong wiring or signals can cause the phone to randomly change volume levels (thinking you pressed the volume buttons) or randomly activating assistant or skipping tracks or opening apps (thinking you pressed the control button).

If these are BT headphones and you've had the same issue with other phones, it might be an app you're installing (since people tend to install the same thing on all their phones). Have you tried it on Safe Mode? That way you know that no 3rd party apps are running...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andej