Rcs messaging & the s10

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site

Mushkie11

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but carrier specific. Looks like ATT sux at it and the person you "chat" with has to have a phone with it on their network. Odds are low right now that you will text someone that has it. Especial with Icrap probably not using.

But my wife and I who will both have s 10s will have this capability right? I think that’s what I’m understanding. We both have sprint

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I just read the article and wasn't sure what RCS really was and still am not a 100% sure but it says here about Sprint which I copied and pasted below. I am on Sprint but getting unlocked so will I have it? I may have it now since I got my pie update on my 9 plus and just don't know about it how do I check? And then it said the other person has to have it in order for it to work.

Sprint
To Sprint's credit, the Now Network has actually been at the forefront of the RCS Chat rollout. All new Android phones on the carrier's network support RCS that is interoperable between all carriers, so long as you're using either Google's Android Messages app or the Samsung Messages app that comes pre-loaded on Galaxy devices.
Ideally, RCS should be enabled by default. If it isn't active on your device, check the Settings menu of either Android Messages or Samsung Messages, depending on which you use. Other third-party or device-specific texting apps are not yet supported.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edneil1967