Read this before upgrading to Marshmallow, things that you should know.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I want to go to android from ios but it looks like it may be too painful to do so. Marshmallow seems like a mess.
I wouldn't worry... I've been running 6.0 since the first preview builds and it's the most stable and polished version I've run. Both the Nexus 6 and 6P run great... And from OEM-land the LG G4 I just updated also runs much better than it did at 5.1.1

Keep in mind that we have selection bias here. There's going to be a disproportionate number of issues reported simply because this is a place where people with issues come looking for help. It's like hanging out in a hospital and thinking everyone in the world is ill.

regulardroidguy

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
Last Tuesday, 4/5/16, I accepted the Marshmallow update from Sprint for my Note 5. Ever since, many of my accounts are not syncing properly. My two google accounts (work and personal), I have to manually pull down the screen to send or receive emails, however, calendar, contacts and other features are not syncing. A message at the bottom of my accounts screen says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." My exchange server account, also for work (different email address) can only be synced manually. Social media, especially Facebook, give an error that there is no connection, even on wifi. I've been through tech support with Sprint and it was a joke. Is anyone else experiencing these issues and have any suggestions for a fix?

deniseop

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
Last Tuesday, 4/5/16, I accepted the Marshmallow update from Sprint for my Note 5. Ever since, many of my accounts are not syncing properly. My two google accounts (work and personal), I have to manually pull down the screen to send or receive emails, however, calendar, contacts and other features are not syncing. A message at the bottom of my accounts screen says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." My exchange server account, also for work (different email address) can only be synced manually. Social media, especially Facebook, give an error that there is no connection, even on wifi. I've been through tech support with Sprint and it was a joke. Is anyone else experiencing these issues and have any suggestions for a fix?

My Verizon Note 5 updated to Marshmallow 4/14 and Voicemail, OK Google had issues but Verizon support skillfully had me force stop and clear caches (data also for OK Google) to resolve. However subsequently discovered auto-sync issues w/google, yahoo accounts. Yahoo manually updates w no issue. Have yet to force stop/clear caches for Yahoo email app. Have done so for Google accounts but sync fails w "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Deleted and added accounts which resolved sync issues temporarily but subsequent auto-sync fails w/same message. Have yet to contact Verizon support.

DhanyLanz

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
My Verizon Note 5 updated to Marshmallow 4/14 and Voicemail, OK Google had issues but Verizon support skillfully had me force stop and clear caches (data also for OK Google) to resolve. However subsequently discovered auto-sync issues w/google, yahoo accounts. Yahoo manually updates w no issue. Have yet to force stop/clear caches for Yahoo email app. Have done so for Google accounts but sync fails w "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." Deleted and added accounts which resolved sync issues temporarily but subsequent auto-sync fails w/same message. Have yet to contact Verizon support.