Rebooting itself

firedroidguy

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My wife has the Optimus and within the past month it has been plagued with memory card space, low phone memory, random reboots, and very hot to touch while either charging or using the phone. She has a stock Optimus with little apps other than a few games, doesn't use wifi or anything like that. The phone rebooted at least 5 times in the middle of the night yesterday waking us and our 2 month old kid. Each time it took 10-15min to complete the boot process. The memory low is bs, she is running a 16gb card right now with 12gb free, last week she had an 8gb and had at least 5-6gb free when she got the memory card out of space errors. This is her 3rd Optimus, the first one wouldnt read memory cards and the 2nd she traded for an Evo but ended up back with the Optimus. Sprint is no help when it comes to these issues.

oncesir

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the Optimus and within the past month it has been plagued with memory card space, low phone memory, random reboots, and very hot to touch while either charging or using the phone. She has a stock Optimus with little apps other than a few games, doesn't use wifi or anything like that. The phone rebooted at least 5 times in the middle of the night yesterday waking us and our 2 month old kid. Each time it took 10-15min to complete the boot process. The memory low is bs, she is running a 16gb card right now with 12gb free, last week she had an 8gb and had at least 5-6gb free when she got the memory card out of space errors. This is her 3rd Optimus, the first one wouldnt read memory cards and the 2nd she traded for an Evo but ended up back with the Optimus. Sprint is no help when it comes to these issues.

I found more helpful hints and advice on the many android forums. Sprint CS is hit or miss. Last night I had a 1x signal in a known 3g area. I switched to airplane mode (to get it to go back into 3g)and the phone froze up and shutdown. I called sprint after this and they are supposedly sending me a "new" Opt S. So now Im on Opt S number 5. Considering each one of them did the same reboot procedure Im not holding my breath. :mad:

tknepher

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I recently drove about 750 miles using Google Navigator. Phone rebooted randomly every hour or so. When I wasn't using Nav or Maps, it stayed alive.

Axe

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone with a custom ROM experiencing any of these reboot issues or micro sd card issues? On rare occasion, I see the 1x in known 3G area, but other than that, no noteworthy issues to complain about.

oncesir

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I finally got fed up with the rebooting issues and just bought an EVO. Now that the EVO is up and running I have solid proof how horrible the Opt S is at keeping a cell signal. My morning commute of about 20 miles, mostly rural, would have 3-5 times when the call was lost with no signal. The EVO has only dropped the call on the same route, same conditions one time. The 1x issue would constantly cause dropped calls and no to low signal issues. IMHO the LG is a POS. I had 4 of them and all 4 did the same thing. All of these issues seem to go unresolved by LG as Ive heard countless rebooting and cell signal issues on numerous forums. Good luck getting anything resolved. I finally sold out and got a different phone. :)