Received updated version of Poetic SlimLine case in the mail?

CharlieK581

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok, exactly what the title says.

Has anyone else received an updated version of Poetic SlimLine case in the mail for free? I had no clue i was going to get this, had me worried for a sec thinking i accidentally ordered a second one somehow.

It's a bit different too, a little heavier and i don't think the magnets are as strong (When folding it to make a stand i think it comes apart easier).

gerryp123

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Just received a Poetic Slimline case from Amazon (partner-vendor). Not sure whether or not it was the "updated" version. How can you tell? When I look at the (old-case ?) videos I see 3 magnets holding the front cover closed -- mine only has two! Slight overlap to the front cover -- as you describe. Heavier than I would have expected -- as you describe.

Excellent case! If I had to nit-pick I would say that the N7 buttons are a bit difficult to reach - awkward angle. In all other regards it seems like a great case.

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the one with 3 magnets. My sister says another one arrived and she forwarded it to me, but I haven't gotten it yet. Which is supposed to be the newer one?

doug

alysariah

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I currently have the one with 3 magnets. My sister says another one arrived and she forwarded it to me, but I haven't gotten it yet. Which is supposed to be the newer one?

doug

my replacement case arrived today. it looks exactly the same as the first one except it has 2 magnets instead of three. only issues I've ever had are wake up issues. not sure if I'll bother to switch it out or not.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Poetic is one of the most customer-service-centric companies with which I've ever dealt. If they ship a case that proves to be in any way defective or not meeting the fairly stringent criteria they set for themselves, they take it upon themselves (i.e., at the expense of their own profit margin and without the customer having to request) to send out a 'proper' replacement to all affected customers. This same thing happened with this style case for last year's original N7, and I ended up getting two replacements as the first replacement still suffered a minor issue.

In short, DEFINITELY a company with which you can feel comfortable giving your business.

Deke218

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I got mine yesterday. Not much of a difference other than it having one less magnet. The cover is a little stiffer but a expect that to change in time.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't seem to have gotten the email or a replacement, but then again I am quite content with the three magnet version.

Posted via Android Central App

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Didn't get the email but I got the replacement. I feel like this updated version is sturdier and that the magnets are stronger than the original. I'm impressed by Poetic's service in doing this. Definitely a company I'd consider future accessories from.

That70sGAdawg

Trusted Member
Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I received one yesterday also with the new 2 magnet style. Working fine, and I'm very happy with the proactive service. NICE TO SEE POETIC !!!

Last edited:

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Didn't get the email but I got the replacement. I feel like this updated version is sturdier and that the magnets are stronger than the original. I'm impressed by Poetic's service in doing this. Definitely a company I'd consider future accessories from.

I purchased both the Moko and Poetic cases and by far, my favorite case is Poetic. It definitely has a better quality about it and I love the way the "cutouts" around the buttons feel. I don't even have to look at the device to see where the power or volume buttons are.

J

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
My replacement just arrived. It has two magnets. I didn't weigh them on my digital scale, but I think it's a tad lighter too.

I really didn't have any problems with my old case. The only thing perhaps was when touch the right side of the case in portrait mode there was more "give" in the old one. The new one has more of a snug, rigid fit. In that sense I suppose it's better.

To the person who received the replacement with three magnets, I think they sent you the old one by mistake.

But honestly, they are both fine. :)

doug

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez