Recently i have been getting a blue screen and a pop up saying to update virus protection, what could it be?

A

AC Question

recently i have been getting a blue screen and a pop up saying to update virus protection

I have been having a blue screen with a bunch of code randomly popping up and when it does there is a popup square that tells me i need to update my virus protection, i have scanned with both norton and 360 security and both come up clean, any ideas? Galaxy s4.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: recently i have been getting a blue screen and a pop up saying to update virus protection

Welcome to the forums. Where is this happening? In your browser?

gizit16

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: recently i have been getting a blue screen and a pop up saying to update virus protection

Thank you! It does pop up my browser, but i dont have to be in the browser for it to show up. Sometimes ill be in a text message when it will randomly appear

Aqil Lee Chaelin

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

Try to clear your browser history

Posted via the Android Central App

gizit16

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

i cleared all my browser history and it just happened again, this time i was clicking on my facebook app to open and it popped up.

Aqil Lee Chaelin

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

Try to install anti virus app.
I once had this issue but it solved after I installed anti virus app

gizit16

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site

i have scanned with 360 security already, i will try downloading AVG anti virus as well and see if it finds anything

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't press OK! They will load you up with some other stuff you do not want! This is probably some type of thing you got with a game or app you downloaded. If you tap OK it gives them more permission to send stuff to your phone!

gizit16

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
do you know any way to stop it? I have installed Norton, avast, 360 security, and AVG anti virus and they all come back as clean. I only download from the google play store. It pops up randomly and opens up my browser when it does. i can be in the middle of a text and boom it opens. I have also deleted my browser history and it still pops up. (on the stock samsung browser.) I did download a music app from goole play that allows me to download music, would it have come from a song maybe? How would i find out what song if that is the case?

Roid Buz

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Wow...and I thought I was the only one. I am also looking for the solution to the random pop-up message that phone is in danger..
You may be on to something about the music app, I too recently added the MP3 Music Version 1 app. This annoying pop-up started after the installation. Mmmmm, you may have answered mine and your own question. Is it the app? Or the songs I have downloaded (about 6 rap songs)? What music app did you download? This shortcut symbol is multi colored with ♫ in circle. I too have Norton with a clean bill of health.

Aqil Lee Chaelin

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

Go to file manager and find a file that look suspicious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz