Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
The date now moved to after Dec. 3. I'm really excited to try out the Fold 3 and see how I like it. The camera is more for me to carry around on my hikes and a DSLR is a bit cumbersome for that. I also do very intense hikes so it's not good to be lugging around a DSLR.

I hike too and yeah, carrying a DSLR (unless that is the point of the hikes) is a bit much, but taking pics while out on a trek, the camera's in this phone are more than enough. Anyone who says they aren't, they are just too picky. :( I LOVE the pics that this thing takes and it more than enough for my casual use. :)

People should be happy their phones even take great pics, I remember the first phones and the camera was a complete joke. Hell, even my first DSLR at a whole 2 megapixels was a waste of money. :p I digress... it's a great phone, great camera, great laptop/tablet replacement and everything else you could want a tablet/phone to do.

Oh, FYI... Microsoft Cloud Game Streaming on this thing (GamePass Ultimate) is beyond measure!

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I went from the Note 9 to og Fold 1 and havent looked back. Now, with the addition of the spen on the Fold 3, Its a perfect digital planner. It took a quick minute to find a digital planner for OneNote but its turning out to be quite the calendar on this phone. I call it an iPad killer.

biswasd

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the fold a lot except for lack of expandable storage and how small it feels when folded and your talking on it. I use it as my work phone, and kept my Note 20 as my personal. Definitely love my Note 20 couldn't get rid of it.

Im in this camp...I was going to trade in my Note 20 5g (non-ultra). But there is no other note ( and never will be again most likely) with a FLAT screen. I kept my N20 as my daily driver. I'm using the fold 3 as my "home" phone. If you use the "calls and texts on other devices feature", you can receive calls and texts on an unactivated Fold 3 for example, while your sim card stays in the Note 20 for example. This is my use case. and it's great b/c my note 20 and its accompanying stylus are better used outside of my home.

while at home, I used the fold stylus and the F3 to take notes b/c its just a bulkier situation using a stylus with the fold.

Just my $0.02.

Good luck with your decision.

P.S. i will never trade in my note 20. Ever.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Im in this camp...I was going to trade in my Note 20 5g (non-ultra). But there is no other note ( and never will be again most likely) with a FLAT screen. I kept my N20 as my daily driver. I'm using the fold 3 as my "home" phone. If you use the "calls and texts on other devices feature", you can receive calls and texts on an unactivated Fold 3 for example, while your sim card stays in the Note 20 for example. This is my use case. and it's great b/c my note 20 and its accompanying stylus are better used outside of my home.

while at home, I used the fold stylus and the F3 to take notes b/c its just a bulkier situation using a stylus with the fold.

Just my $0.02.

Good luck with your decision.

P.S. i will never trade in my note 20. Ever.
I dont think ill ever get rid of my Note 20U the way things are looking lol

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I went from the Note 9 to og Fold 1 and havent looked back. Now, with the addition of the spen on the Fold 3, Its a perfect digital planner. It took a quick minute to find a digital planner for OneNote but its turning out to be quite the calendar on this phone. I call it an iPad killer.

OJsakila,

Can you provide any info on the digital planner you mentioned for one note?

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
OJsakila,

Can you provide any info on the digital planner you mentioned for one note?

Yes, I can. here's a link for you. I looked long and hard before getting this planner. I wanted to be able to write with the spen AND type and do it all on a calendar in month view as well as separate daily pages for notes, to dos, and maybe expenses... This in combination with OneNote is perfect since its available on all your devices with OneNote.
https://brandenbodendorfer.com/key2success-planner/

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Finally got the phone yesterday and love it! I was dreading the size but it is actually narrower than my S21 Ultra and the thickness isn't bad at all. I just wished the 3rd party apps I use are optimized for the wide screen. Overall, I think this is a great phone. I'll try it out for the next week or so before turning in my S21U.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Finally got the phone yesterday and love it! I was dreading the size but it is actually narrower than my S21 Ultra and the thickness isn't bad at all. I just wished the 3rd party apps I use are optimized for the wide screen. Overall, I think this is a great phone. I'll try it out for the next week or so before turning in my S21U.

Yea its the silly cases that make it seem so thick. I have a brand new leather skin on it now and also keep it (whether its in a case or naked) in an Oakley sunglasses bag. Ive been doing that since my og Fold 1 and its probably over kill but Ive had really good results doing things that way with the micro fiber bag. I DO have a VRS Hard Drop case which is their most minimal and simple case. It has no hinge protection but the trade off would be something too large to carry. I cut up the Samsung flip case that has the s pen and took the part off that the s pen case slides into and shoo gooed it onto the back of this VRS case. That way if I feel the need to take the pen I can. Right now I'm trying out the leather skin. I'd hate to drop it without a case, tho. So, if you go naked or with a skin, you better not be going to the bar. lol

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Yea its the silly cases that make it seem so thick. I have a brand new leather skin on it now and also keep it (whether its in a case or naked) in an Oakley sunglasses bag. Ive been doing that since my og Fold 1 and its probably over kill but Ive had really good results doing things that way with the micro fiber bag. I DO have a VRS Hard Drop case which is their most minimal and simple case. It has no hinge protection but the trade off would be something too large to carry. I cut up the Samsung flip case that has the s pen and took the part off that the s pen case slides into and shoo gooed it onto the back of this VRS case. That way if I feel the need to take the pen I can. Right now I'm trying out the leather skin. I'd hate to drop it without a case, tho. So, if you go naked or with a skin, you better not be going to the bar. lol

I got the Aramid case. Sadly, it doesn’t protect the hinge. Does this hinge scratch easily when in your pants pocket?

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I got the Aramid case. Sadly, it doesn’t protect the hinge. Does this hinge scratch easily when in your pants pocket?

I have ALWAYS had a dedicated pocket for my phone with nothing else in it. As far as the hinge SCRATCHING, I havent had those issues but I keep my phone in an Okeys sunglasses micro fiber bag so... I HAVE heard it scratches easily, though if its bushing up against keys or coins or whatever... Its MORE the PARTICLES getting into the hinge that Im concerned about. The micro fiber bag does the trick for me and as an EXTRA might be protecting from SCRATCHES on the hinge, as well.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I can. here's a link for you. I looked long and hard before getting this planner. I wanted to be able to write with the spen AND type and do it all on a calendar in month view as well as separate daily pages for notes, to dos, and maybe expenses... This in combination with OneNote is perfect since its available on all your devices with OneNote.
https://brandenbodendorfer.com/key2success-planner/
Thanks for the link. I appreciate it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robot sirkit