Release Date

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Long day is over... I think I understand where this cancelled news is coming from. still cant believe that verizon would be so... misguided, but alot lately has shocked me. I have to confirm with some moto people and some folks on my side.

If so.. guess some folks get collector items to go with their Merge devices... lol

will update accordingly.

are you saying youre not too sure anymore? I thought you were with verizon, how can they be misguided? Are you saying they are misguided in that they are getting their info crossed up or misguided like "it would be a huge mistake to cancel such a good phone"? I need info badly.

DC Damien

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
He speaks! Let us know...we're like a bunch of panicking people in a small room that just heard someone yell "FIRE!!!"

Definately panicking here. Saturday is the last day to buy the TBolt on a 1-year contract or toe the line and wait for Das Bionic. After the Tbolt was delayed... and hearing the iPhone is missing their annual release... and now the rumors about the Bionic... I guess rolling out LTE is a lot harder than we anticipated.:'(

calireeves

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I hope they sort this out soon! My phone is busted atm and I don't know how long I can survive without one. Hoping the bionic will be that phone. How much is a TB on 1yr contract anyways? Just incase...

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I hope they sort this out soon! My phone is busted atm and I don't know how long I can survive without one. Hoping the bionic will be that phone. How much is a TB on 1yr contract anyways? Just incase...

Not sure about 1 year price but you better hurry. The 17th is the last day and you can't do it online.

Just putting it out there. Snatch up an old flip phone off Craig's list or wherever for the time being. Then wait for some more info to Pour in so you can choose wisely. Patience grasshopper :)

Sent from my Droid

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Got one yesterday, it's around $320 I think on a one year. I know with my corp discount it was like $274. Walked out of the store for $309 after taxes, case, and screen protectors.

You probably want to call the store to make sure they can do it. First store I went to they said can't do it and were actually kind of rude. Called another store and they said np.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

pc747

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Not sure about 1 year price but you better hurry. The 17th is the last day and you can't do it online.

Just putting it out there. Snatch up an old flip phone off Craig's list or wherever for the time being. Then wait for some more info to Pour in so you can choose wisely. Patience grasshopper :)

Sent from my Droid

I was unable to be patient but I dont regret my purchase, in fact Im loving the tbolt. With that said if the bionic is the phone of choice I say be patient. I still think it will be released on time. I think they are having similar power issues that the tbolt is having with the lte network, I could be wrong. But as long as I see the phone on the motorola website I think it is still a go.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I thought the rumor could be true had nothing to do with unsolvable hardware issues, but rather if delays meant that Moto and VZW didn't like how they would have to position the Bionic by release date.

With cheaper 3G dual core phones coming out later in Q2, and fairly pricey single core 4g phones out or imminent (cough Charge) I could see Moto feeling like thethese Bionic might have positioning issues between the DX2/D3 and the Thunderbolt/Charge (especially if Targa can be pushed forward a little to be the Fall's holiday shopping headliner).

I have no inside information aside from what's in the interwebs, but at some point companies do have to consider whether large marketing pushes are worth it for) a product that could get lost in the shuffle.

I highly doubt this. Their roadmap is well thought out and planned. You don't misjudge releases this late in the game. Delay them yes, cancel them no way. It had to be something very serious to scrub a launch of a device so that's why I'm believing its a SERIOUS hardware issue.

Sent from my Droid

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am hoping the is not prolonged into summer but that would still be better than a cancellation in my eyes. I honestly would prefer the delay if they are going to upgrade the device, or at least maximize its performance. I truly believe one of the biggest attractions for this phone is as much the simplistic seemingly well built design and appearance. Many people like the case design even though its nothing fancy. It has nice specs but lets be honest, it leaves some if not much to be desired. Keep the case, upgrade the hardware... Just my two cents.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
A bump to 1g DDR2 ram would be nice, too early to say whether OMAP4 or MSM8x60 are better than the Tegra 2 however. (Exynos won't likely be seen outside of Sammy's own devices) What would be really great though is a better screen. The qHD resolution is great, but I've heard a lot of complaints about the pentile pixels, and the colors/blacks seem to leave a bit to be desired compared to AMOLED or SLCD. I like the Targa's "skin" better, but the Bionic's overall shape or much more appealing than the DX form factor. So it would be nice if this is a hardware upgrade, what I really care about though is that we have some good dual-core option on Verizon LTE sooner rather than later.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Cruiserdude I'm hoping they change up the Screen as well. Not a fan at all of the pentile used in the Bionic. sAMOLED + would be a welcomed addition for me as a potential buyer.

Sent from my Droid