Remove Shutdown Sound

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I deleted /system/sounds/lgeSounds/Startup.mp3 after rooting my Optimus T but can't find the shutdown sound file. How do I silence the shutdown sound??!

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

its in the PowerOff.apk in /system/app/
its a nightmare to mod (my opinion)
if you just delete the sound and resign the apk - you only get reboot with no power off
if you use a sound editor and lower the volume of the existing sound file - you get a screen glitch before shutdown - but it works
choose your poison i guess - sorry

the images are in that file too but are .pro extensions - gd lge!

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

its in the PowerOff.apk in /system/app/
its a nightmare to mod (my opinion)
if you just delete the sound and resign the apk - you only get reboot with no power off
if you use a sound editor and lower the volume of the existing sound file - you get a screen glitch before shutdown - but it works
choose your poison i guess - sorry

the images are in that file too but are .pro extensions - gd lge!

Don't ever delete a file from an apk with something like 7zip! Only replace it with files that have the exact same name. If you wish to delete a file from an apk you'll need to decompile it and edit XMLs etc... a completely different subject.

Thanks for the answer!
so how do I edit the apk file and edit the sound file? Can I replace the sound with another one?

Download a blank sound file from Magic's Place - Minidisc Downloads and rename it to shutdown.mp3.

Pull PowerOff.apk from your phone, open with an archive manager like winrar or 7zip.

Browse to res>raw and replace shutdown.mp3.

No need to sign it, but you may want to zipalign it.

Last edited:
Reactions: avatarx1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Addity