Reseal Limited (Modified S10+)

Trixz_D

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Anyone here in the U.K ever received a resealed S10+ from Reseal (A subsidiary of Greentech Distribution). I just got mine from Fonehouse in the U.K and the one I got is brand new but comes with a sticker on the box explaining it has been opened to make it possible to sell the phone in the U.K by replacing the 2 pin charger with a 3 pin charger, changing the firmware etc. Samsung's website states they are in an agreement with them as you can see below.

A list of companies that have entered into an agreement with Samsung (as described above) will be published here and kept updated. The following companies have entered into an agreement:

Eurostar Global Electronics Limited
Modifiers Limited (a subsidiary of Eurostar Global Electronics Limited)
Greentech Distribution PLC
Reseal Limited (a subsidiary of Greentech Distribution PLC)
New Way International Limited
Brand Smart Limited (a subsidiary of New Way International Limited)

Products modified by these companies will have a sticker on the outside which identifies the company and explains the changes made to the products. If the companies listed above comply with the agreement entered into with Samsung, the modified products produced will not exhibit the problems described above.

Just wondering, how many others have experienced this and if they had any issues. The phone is as new as new can be and there are no issues so far.

Serv1ce

Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
I've now received 2 (modified) phones from Sky both returned as NOT new? The 1st had a label on the box stating that it was originally made for the EU market & has been modified by Brand Smart Ltd the 2nd by Reseal Ltd. The 1st had Czech instructions enclosed & the 2nd Italian. The Samsung apps on both phones were in Swedish? When I attempted to sign into "my Samsung" app (using Google Translate) the acknowledging email on my PC was in Swedish. Factory Reset on both phones made no difference? No-one at Sky has so far been able to help? Having returned the 2nd phone I'm still hopeful of getting a "UK" (not EU) A20e Samsung phone from Sky or whoever as it's a great phone when you can use it properly.
I THINK THIS ISSUE AFFECTS ALL (MODIFIED) SAMSUNG PHONES whether by BRAND SMART Ltd or RESEAL Ltd .............BUYERS BEWARE ????

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've now received 2 (modified) phones from Sky both returned as NOT new? The 1st had a label on the box stating that it was originally made for the EU market & has been modified by Brand Smart Ltd the 2nd by Reseal Ltd. The 1st had Czech instructions enclosed & the 2nd Italian. The Samsung apps on both phones were in Swedish? When I attempted to sign into "my Samsung" app (using Google Translate) the acknowledging email on my PC was in Swedish. Factory Reset on both phones made no difference? No-one at Sky has so far been able to help? Having returned the 2nd phone I'm still hopeful of getting a "UK" (not EU) A20e Samsung phone from Sky or whoever as it's a great phone when you can use it properly.
I THINK THIS ISSUE AFFECTS ALL (MODIFIED) SAMSUNG PHONES whether by BRAND SMART Ltd or RESEAL Ltd .............BUYERS BEWARE ????

Hi, welcome to AC!

GodBotherer

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
Bit late to the game, I know, but thought OP (and others) might be interested in this:-

I've just purchased 2 x Samsung A20e from BT Shop. At the time of ordering I did not realise that they were these "modified" phones as I did not read the detail of the product description (which was hidden in drop-down pane). I might have hesitated if I'd seen what they were.

But, they arrived quickly and seem absolutely fine (everything on the phone is in English, just a few bits of paper in the box, like a Quick Start and Warranty not in English). Looks like they were originally packaged for the Italian market. But have UK chargers supplied and a link to the UK manuals provided.

FYI, the product description on the BT site reads:

"Samsung-certified modified device
This product was originally put on the market by Samsung in a European country which was not the UK. It has been modified for the UK market by a Samsung-approved company, Samsung have been notified of the changes, and this device still comes with the standard 2-year manufacturer warranty.

To ensure quality, the Samsung-approved company will meet the following requirements:
- to include a sticker on the outside of the modified product which identifies them and explains the changes made to the products;
- only to include genuine Samsung chargers with the modified products that are labelled to explain they have been inserted by a third party and not Samsung;
- only to replace the operating software on the product in a way which will ensure software and security updates are applied in the future;
- to include an English language link to the product guide in the box;
- to provide samples of the modified products to Samsung before sale to enable Samsung to check compliance."

Techhead98

Feb 16, 2023
Visit site
I've recently received another modified Samsung phone and decided to do some research.... as now -the last 5 phones I have purchased from all different retailers and some on contracts have been modified phones.
It appears, that all these devices are, is a Samsung device that are made in the same factory at the same time, but shipped to other parts of the EU by samsung. Sometimes companies buy those devices in supply chains and sell them in the UK.
Apparently it happens the other way too... companies in the UK sell UK devices to some European reseller who sell them in other countries.
There is actually no fundamental difference in the device itself. It's just a new phone, that's gone through a supply chain and been sold in the UK.
What I have noticed, is that there is a difference in the quality and processes applied by the different companies who have agreements.
The company Reseal and particularly the company Brand Smart.. their devices are not at the same quality level as the other company listed.
I've taken a look at the different modification companies that do the work and the company Modifiers Ltd is a proper subsidiary of a large manufacturer authorised distributor - Eurostar Global.
Eurostar Global has direct manufacturer agreements with many brands including one plus and Oppo and is a big distribution company. Their phones seem to have professionally managed software processes and labels while the others seem to be companies that just buy and sell without having proper processes...
I'd recommend if you buy a modified device that it's one that's been done by Modifiers Ltd. All the ones I have seen from other have wrong apps on but the modifiers ones don't. The modifiers ones seem more like they have been through a professional factory.
That's just my findings... feel free to ping me a message if you want to look at any of the devices, because ive taken pictures of the differences between the ones I've found...

shaun K jones

Jun 9, 2023
Visit site
I've recently received another modified Samsung phone and decided to do some research.... as now -the last 5 phones I have purchased from all different retailers and some on contracts have been modified phones.
It appears, that all these devices are, is a Samsung device that are made in the same factory at the same time, but shipped to other parts of the EU by samsung. Sometimes companies buy those devices in supply chains and sell them in the UK.
Apparently it happens the other way too... companies in the UK sell UK devices to some European reseller who sell them in other countries.
There is actually no fundamental difference in the device itself. It's just a new phone, that's gone through a supply chain and been sold in the UK.
What I have noticed, is that there is a difference in the quality and processes applied by the different companies who have agreements.
The company Reseal and particularly the company Brand Smart.. their devices are not at the same quality level as the other company listed.
I've taken a look at the different modification companies that do the work and the company Modifiers Ltd is a proper subsidiary of a large manufacturer authorised distributor - Eurostar Global.
Eurostar Global has direct manufacturer agreements with many brands including one plus and Oppo and is a big distribution company. Their phones seem to have professionally managed software processes and labels while the others seem to be companies that just buy and sell without having proper processes...
I'd recommend if you buy a modified device that it's one that's been done by Modifiers Ltd. All the ones I have seen from other have wrong apps on but the modifiers ones don't. The modifiers ones seem more like they have been through a professional factory.
That's just my findings... feel free to ping me a message if you want to look at any of the devices, because ive taken pictures of the differences between the ones I've found...
Hello Techhead98 thank you for this valued information. I had been supplied with a modified Samsung S10 with the Brand Smart sticker on the box. Even the box looked fake to me!
I subsequently had lots of issues and someone managed to gain access to the phone and steal all of my information. They even put files on it that I couldn`t open. Our phone supplier kept insisting that it was a brand new phone and wouldn`t give a refund as Samsung had authorised this modification.
Can you provide any other information regarding the potential issues and security vulnerabilites, any images of the phones you have seen would be gratefully received.
Thank you,
Shaun K Jones. North Wales UK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte