Restore from backup

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was the Sheet synced to your Google Drive in the cloud? Open Google Drive on your computer browser and see if it's there. If you don't see it, then click Trash and see if it's there.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. It's not in either location. I have always been under the impression that when you backup, the files are stored somewhere else. The files in Drive are mostly SMS files.
In the Google Backup, there is a file that lists 62 as the number of Apps , but when I try to open it, it doesn't respond with the 62 files. What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The thing about Google Backup is that it's used primarily to restore to a brand new phone (so you'd have to factory reset the phone and then go through the setup wizard to make use of the Restore function).

The way Google Drive works, the files should be synced on a constant basis from your phone or computer to Google Drive in the cloud (assuming, of course, that these files are saved to Google Drive, or in the case of a computer, the folder that the files are in was designated to be synced to Google Drive). So I don't think those files would necessarily be part of the Google Backup process, since they should already be backed up/synced anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow