Restoring an unpopular phone to factory

meeotch

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I rooted my Motorola Flipside a couple months ago. I'm not exactly sure what happened after that, but at some point, I became unable to text, use the market, encountered many force closes, etc... I know that I removed some bloatware, but I must have removed something that I shouldn't have. My question is: Given that this phone is not very popular, will there be any restore methods, using images or whatever, that can put it back like it was from the factory (or even a different version). Doing a factory reset does not fix the issues. The stuff that I deleted during root is permanently gone, it looks like.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, you probably deleted some system apps after you rooted.

Check this out as it looks like steps to get your device up and running again with the latest froyo. Although they reference it as a beta, the steps look pretty sound. You may have to look for the release version.

OBSOLOTE! Official Release available!...FlipSide MB508 FROYO MOTO beta ROM!!! :) - xda-developers

XDA is more into hacks and roms, so they have a flipside forum. Should be some folks there who can help you. Although AC has a flipside forum, not a lot of activity there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86