Returning my Galaxy Nexus.

dubya.t

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I just don't even understand the problems here. While the signal is absolute garbage, we know it will be vastly improved- And SOON.

Other then that whats the problem here?????? why trade in?? am I missing something about Sense?

Also....I had my Dx since launch day...I don't understand what was confusing about the switch to ICS...like the thought to ever get the manual out never once crossed my mind. Sure there were some buttons missing or things operated differently...but what? Am i that basic that ICS was confusing to others because all I am doing is 'A' and everyone else is doing 'A-Z'??

Reactions: Premium1

BiNGE

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Just curious. Is it easy to utilize the storage via a Mac???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any smartphone these days is "easy" to utilize as storage. Wifi storage locations are the easiest to utilize because Wifi is universal. HTC doesn't always play well with mac and neither does MTP.

TrendyProfessional1

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I will say this in defense of the GN; I was in the VZ store yesterday although the GN didnt keep the 4g signal in the store and went to solid 3g. It did load web pages a hair faster than did the RAZR on solid 4g

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Who told you that you have 30 days because of the holdiays? I asked Verizon about this and they said I have 15 days. I have read other peoples posts saying 30 days too.

I have nearly the same thoughts. I am overall very happy with ICS. I managed a work around for the lower speaker / notification / ringtone issue by installing my own that were recorded at much higher levels. The killers for me though are the signal strength issues and battery life. A medium strength issue is the blunder of making the notification and ringer volume tied together. I plan on holding on the phone for another 3 weeks to see how things work out. Will the next update to ICS address these issues? I hope so. If these issues don't get better then my plan is to return for a refund and just pick up a Bionic and wait to see what pops up over the summer. I really want this phone to work out for me, but if it does everything awesomely except be a phone, then it wont work for me.

Remember, we have 30 days due to the holidays.

cbwx34

May 14, 2011
Visit site
Who told you that you have 30 days because of the holdiays? I asked Verizon about this and they said I have 15 days. I have read other peoples posts saying 30 days too.

It's printed on my receipt (from a Verizon Corp. store)... purchases made between 11/15-12/28 may be returned/exchanged thru 1/15/12.

HES

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
My store rep and multiple other posters are reporting the same conversation. For the holidays Verizon extended the return policy to 30 days instead of 15. As has already been mentioned, it is printed on the receipt.

BiNGE

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Wireless Corporate locations have a policy that actually covers returns up until the 14th. If the location tells you until the 15th then get them to confirm for you, but more importantly agent and national retailers do not have to follow this policy.

Juststef

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
Exactly... I don't care for the stock ICS launcher, am I returning the device, no. I just use an alternative launcher that allows me to do things like add widgets and shortcuts the way I'm used to doing it. ;)

Which launcher are you using? Has it been formatted for ICS?
Are there any launchers that have been optimized for ICS as opposed to ICS themed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Exactly... I don't care for the stock ICS launcher, am I returning the device, no. I just use an alternative launcher that allows me to do things like add widgets and shortcuts the way I'm used to doing it. ;)

I actually like the fact that the new launcher is forcing me to rethink how I interact with the phone. It was disorienting at first, but now I actually prefer the way adding widgets and shortcuts works. More to the point, I don't want my phone to feel so same-y as it has for the the last year and a half. The differences make it all feel so much more new to me, but not so new that it's abandoned Android.

Reactions: oxymoron

Juststef

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
That is great and one of the reasons that I wanted this phone. But to whom are they listening to? Any idea how we go about contacting them to make sure they are aware of our concerns? Oh and I had a Storm2 as well.

Agreed. Just keep in mind that the clock is ticking at T-28 days and counting.

Undoubtedly google would have market research teams patrolling these forums because the nexus is the flagship phone that introduces their new OS to the world before it's released to everyone else . We are a large pool of testers, yet only a fraction of android users. If a particular issue keeps coming up in discussion, they will be aware. Google's search engine was built on their ability to comb the web for information.

We have till the 14th of January. Each day I have had with the phone is better than the last. Because of the volume+ app, my GN is now louder than my X and is rivaling my old blackberry. I have a mac and I have been able to use the android file transfer app for my music through usb. My backup pro app handled everything else, I needed to get on my phone.

I'll be "rooting" for Christmas weekend. ;)

dqdude

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not having luck getting volume+ to increase my volume. I am using the paid version. I have tried every volume level from lowest to highest. I made volume+ my default program. I don't get it...some are having success and some are not.

Can you share your settings in v+?

Undoubtedly google would have market research teams patrolling these forums because the nexus is the flagship phone that introduces their new OS to the world before it's released to everyone else . We are a large pool of testers, yet only a fraction of android users. If a particular issue keeps coming up in discussion, they will be aware. Google's search engine was built on their ability to comb the web for information.

We have till the 14th of January. Each day I have had with the phone is better than the last. Because of the volume+ app, my GN is now louder than my X and is rivaling my old blackberry. I have a mac and I have been able to use the android file transfer app for my music through usb. My backup pro app handled everything else, I needed to get on my phone.

I'll be "rooting" for Christmas weekend. ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear