[ROM] [10.07.2011] NuDroid T1D-S [LG-P509] [Froyo 2.2.2]

tnlobo420

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
haha u crack me up

If i.ve made you smile, then i've done my job - hehehehe
After hours of t/s my routers, I've found that the kernel I posted earlier seems to keep my phone from using the wifi calling feature - wi-fi (data) works fine. No problems at all - all buttons are where they should be. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: arhtard

gpsuf

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [9.26.2011] Boodoh V2c [LG-P509] [Froyo 2.2.2]

Hi. Thank you for your hard work on this ROM. I installed it successfully and things are working OK except for the problem with foreign characters. They are not displayed correctly in emails or in Web pages anymore. I am not sure if this is because of the "US English locale" you mentioned at the first post, or is there any settings I need to do to be able to read the characters properly?

Thanks again for this great ROM.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Hi. Thank you for your hard work on this ROM. I installed it successfully and things are working OK except for the problem with foreign characters. They are not displayed correctly in emails or in Web pages anymore. I am not sure if this is because of the "US English locale" you mentioned at the first post, or is there any settings I need to do to be able to read the characters properly?

Thanks again for this great ROM.

hi gpsuf.
can you specify which version you installed?
this is so i can pinpoint the problem.
there are many versions of this rom out there now.
today i have added V2D to the original post.
maybe try this version and post your results?
thank you =)

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [10.02.2011] Boodoh V2D [LG-P509] [Froyo 2.2.2]

arhtard this rom has come a long way since I first saw it. I haven't installed it but looking at the screenshots I can see you've put some time into this.

I briefly looked through it saw that you included the tun.ko (VPN) module but you need a script to load it. Consider including the following script in your init.d folder or delete tun.ko:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# Load VPN module

MODULES="tun"
MODULES_DIR="/system/lib/modules"

if [ ! -d $MODULES_DIR ]
then
    exit 0
fi

for i in $MODULES
do
	if [ -f $MODULES_DIR/$i.ko ]
	then
		insmod $MODULES_DIR/$i.ko >/dev/null 2>&1
	fi
done

exit 0

You could also try modprobe but you'll want to test it.

Congratulations, it looks great! :D

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I briefly looked through it saw that you included the tun.ko (VPN) module but you need a script to load it. Consider including the following script in your init.d folder or delete tun.ko:

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
#
# Load VPN module

MODULES="tun"
MODULES_DIR="/system/lib/modules"

if [ ! -d $MODULES_DIR ]
then
    exit 0
fi

for i in $MODULES
do
	if [ -f $MODULES_DIR/$i.ko ]
	then
		insmod $MODULES_DIR/$i.ko >/dev/null 2>&1
	fi
done

exit 0

thanks guy!
i appreciate the tip + help!
i will definetely fix that asap.
i can mainly tinker on the weekends now - so it prob wont go into effect till next weekend.
i'm sure people are tired of updates on this - hopefully that will be the last fix needed.
anyway - thanks again
hope all is well

gpsuf

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

hi gpsuf.
can you specify which version you installed?
this is so i can pinpoint the problem.
there are many versions of this rom out there now.
today i have added V2D to the original post.
maybe try this version and post your results?
thank you =)

I am using the V2C version (Boodoh V2c) with Edify script as I am using ClockworkMod Recovery. Could you please post the V2D with Edify similarly for 3C? I will test it as soon as I can. BTW if I update to 3D, I can skip a few steps in your instructions (e.g. no need to repartition SD card, no need to erase everything), correct?

Thank you very much.

acbk

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

This is the first ROM i ever tried and i like it so far.

Only problem seems to be that i am not able to make calls thru SIP. I was planning to use this phone with wifi calling using SIP wherever i can. With this ROM it keeps failing all the times.

Anyone else noticed it?

gpsuf

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Only problem seems to be that i am not able to make calls thru SIP. I was planning to use this phone with wifi calling using SIP wherever i can. With this ROM it keeps failing all the times.

Anyone else noticed it?

Is calling via Google Voice with Groove-IP thru SIP? My friend uses 3C and he said that GrooveIP works well.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else noticed it?

i do apologize for your bad experience.
this is the first i've heard of this problem.
i will definetely check into this.
stay tuned

gpsuf

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

i should have edify version up tonight
recommended to wipe everything but you could try your way
if your problem still persists - i would recommend backing up your sd card contents and do a full wipe and repartition

OK, I will do a full wipe and re-partition.

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Your SIP issues aren't related to this rom or vpn module. SIP on Android is very immature. I've used SIPdroid with pbex etc and have had nothing but problems. Common problems included:

- 1-2 second voice delay
- excessive echo
- wakelocks killing the battery (waiting for incoming calls)
- unable to receive incoming calls (more wake issues)
- PITA to setup :-!

GrooveIP is the best third party solution I've used. Receiving calls is still buggy and kills the battery but it's the best available. A dedicated ATA is the way to go if you want VOIP (completely off topic)
TMOs free WiFi calling app (included) would be my first choice if you have a qualifying plan.

Last edited:

acbk

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

Your SIP issues aren't related to this rom or vpn module. SIP on Android is very immature. I've used SIPdroid with pbex etc and have had nothing but problems. Common problems included:

- 1-2 second voice delay
- excessive echo

GrooveIP is the best third party solution I've used. Receiving calls is still buggy and kills the battery but it's the best available. A dedicated ATA is the way to go if you want VOIP (completely off topic)
TMOs free WiFi calling app (included) would be my first choice if you have a qualifying plan.

Thanks. TMO is not an option for me since i am on ATT network (that is till i dump them and move to TMO). But even when i move to TMO i think TMO wifi calling still uses your minutes from plan (i am yet to research more on that).

Just before putting this ROM i was able to successfully set it up. Now i am not very sure if it was ROM since it may be reliability issue as well as you pointed.

Let me try two things:
- Revert to my back and see if it starts working
- Try out GrooveIP (havent's tried before so have to see how it works)...

I will share my results..

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

Thanks. TMO is not an option for me since i am on ATT network (that is till i dump them and move to TMO). But even when i move to TMO i think TMO wifi calling still uses your minutes from plan (i am yet to research more on that).

Just before putting this ROM i was able to successfully set it up. Now i am not very sure if it was ROM since it may be reliability issue as well as you pointed.

Let me try two things:
- Revert to my back and see if it starts working
- Try out GrooveIP (havent's tried before so have to see how it works)...

I will share my results..

What is the model of your phone? I ask because you say you're using AT&T? Did you buy your phone from AT&T or T-Mobile? FYI - This rom is for the Optimus T only.

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

- 1-2 second voice delay
- excessive echo

thank you for clearing this up turducken
i appreciate you and your knowledge

arhtard

Slacker
Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

turducken -
it looks like your tip/info on loading the tun.ko module is extremely valuable.
from my searching - it seems most people don't know much about that
and most forums don't have solutions for that issue

thank you very much!

any suggestions on the file name? something like 55tunko maybe?

i called in sick today so i could get work done on this - lol

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

turducken -
it looks like your tip/info on loading the tun.ko module is extremely valuable.
from my searching - it seems most people don't know much about that
and most forums don't have solutions for that issue

thank you very much!

This is one of my barometers for testing a chefs knowledge before ever installing their work ;) No offense. I'll look into your tweaks and other mods more closely if you'd like. I won't get to it until tonight or tomorrow though.

any suggestions on the file name? something like 55tunko maybe?

Naming it that should be fine. ##name is the correct format. You should test to see if it works, you'll need a VPN to test it on. IMO - this is kind of high level and the average user doesn't have much use for a VPN.
You might consider leaving it out and offering it as a flashable zip with that script. Loading the module w/o a need for it can adversely affect performance and battery life. Your mileage may vary though.

i called in sick today so i could get work done on this - lol

LOL caught the Android bug... it's been going around :-X

acbk

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site

What is the model of your phone? I ask because you say you're using AT&T? Did you buy your phone from AT&T or T-Mobile? FYI - This rom is for the Optimus T only.

It is LG P509 T. I bought it from TMobile... Unlocked it and am using it on ATT :)

Just an update. I reverted to factory backup and SIP worked. Call quality is good.

I think i might have missed out one step. I am installing ROM once more right now. Will follow exactly same configuration and post here.

Turducken

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site

It is LG P509 T. I bought it from TMobile... Unlocked it and am using it on ATT :)

Just an update. I reverted to factory backup and SIP worked. Call quality is good.

I think i might have missed out one step. I am installing ROM once more right now. Will follow exactly same configuration and post here.

Interesting, if you still have problems after a complete wipe and reinstall please provide the following:

SIP app your using
PBEX configuration - minus any acct or personal info.
As detailed of a description as you can provide with regards to "not working"

Just thought of something, this rom includes an adblocker. The SIP and/or stun server you're connecting to may accidentally have been included in your HOSTS. Disable the adblocker, reboot and try again.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sH4D0Wm4N