[ROM] ACE ROM v2.0 (No Further EC05 Development)

Would you like to see the CIQ Removal in the next release of ACE?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cjl320

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Almost there...

Gotcha... but do I need to odin back to stock EC05 in order to run the conversion. Or can I just run it directly in EE03. All the posts for converting to EXT 4 say you must be in EC05 or EB13 as a starting point... but they were written before RFS EE03 was out. I'm just wondering if I have to backtrack to EC05 to run conversion or whether I can do it directly from EE03. I hope I'm making sense.... thanks again for everything Paul.

ZiggSVO

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha... but do I need to odin back to stock EC05 in order to run the conversion. Or can I just run it directly in EE03. All the posts for converting to EXT 4 say you must be in EC05 or EB13 as a starting point... but they were written before RFS EE03 was out. I'm just wondering if I have to backtrack to EC05 to run conversion or whether I can do it directly from EE03. I hope I'm making sense.... thanks again for everything Paul.

[MOD][One Click Root]ClockworkMod 3.0.2.5[RFS & EXT4] - xda-developers
***Edit***
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=13948058&postcount=51
Nevermind lol
it states right there you need to odin back to ec05 :p
but like I said you could always try it and see what happens ;)

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Just to cut to the chase I would Odin back to EC05 and run the EXT4 package. I haven't attempted going from EE03 to anything else yet so I'm shooting blind on that... But if you feel like giving it a go then either its going to work or it isn't... You will just need to make sure you have a EC05/EXT4 ROM ready to flash if the rooting process goes through to flash at the end.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What are the ramifications of deleting launcherpro from ace? I wanted to try some of the 3d launchers.

None. Its the only launcher in there, I even removed the vanilla Android launcher too so you need something to replace it with if your going to physically go in and delete the launcher.apk or you could use something like Home Switcher for Froyo from the Market to swap between multiple installed launchers.

traumahawk

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Paul. You and Rag need to come to VZW >.< Tbolt blows epic AWAY. i thought i'd miss the keyboard but holy crap its awesome and i dont miss it a bit. runnin gingerbread on it right now.. netflix workin.. sense 3.0 (i dont like the old sense UI, but this port from E3D leaks is siiick). Jump ship, come to a carrier with better coverage and better phones.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't travel much myself, and in the LA area all of the big four have good coverage.

As for better phones - I would say Verizon is in last place there. They are the only carrier without a Nexus, and both GSM carriers have a much better selection of Android to choose from. If I were to switch it would probably be to T-Mobile, for cost and quality of phones..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Glad your enjoying ACE ROM.. Some say that I will do a GB version of ACE... I guess only time will tell..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can I use CWM v3.0.2.5 for this rom stuck at samsung.com wont get passed that. I really want to try this rom!

Have you fully converted to EXT4 filesystem with CWM 3.0.2.5? If not this is probably where your having your hang up.

Otherwise, if you have converted to EXT4 then I would wipe everything in CWM 3x (data/cache/dalvik) and try flashing the ROM again.

mikebarr

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions verbatim and flashed. It booted fine. The problem is, I can't seem to run a lot of apps. I had everything backed up on Titanium. Some restores run while others just say "SORRY! The application <<app name>> has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and it has the Force Close button at the bottom. Any ideas?

mikebarr

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I followed the instructions verbatim and flashed. It booted fine. The problem is, I can't seem to run a lot of apps. I had everything backed up on Titanium. Some restores run while others just say "SORRY! The application <<app name>> has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." and it has the Force Close button at the bottom. Any ideas?
I am also getting "Out of Space" messages when trying to install applications. I have moved just about everything to SD card and still getting them. I have 258 mb free on phone and 8 gb free on SD. Any ideas?

UPDATE: only seems to happen on Amazon AppStore apps.

UPDATE 2: to restore an Amazon application, you must do a full reinstall from the Amazon app store. If you restore from backup, delete it. Go to App store, Install fresh, then you can restore Data only if need be. This was consistent across all Amazon apps.

Last edited:

mikebarr

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
After a few days, having some hits and misses. No more screen lag and keyboard works better, but it locks up at least 2x p/day and doesn't always boot up on first attempt. Screen looks fractured and it hangs. Another battery pull usually does it, but it is not reliable, imo.

I have changed wallpaper once successfully, every other time it freezes. It also freezes playing Angry Birds now and then. Little things like that.

Beyond the crashing, my battery is simply not lasting like before. I see most people getting good life, but I am not. That could be because I recently switched to Touchdown for my Exchange access, but I am unsure.

Despite the 2x p/day crashes, it is still more reliable than stock 2.2.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
After a few days, having some hits and misses. No more screen lag and keyboard works better, but it locks up at least 2x p/day and doesn't always boot up on first attempt. Screen looks fractured and it hangs. Another battery pull usually does it, but it is not reliable, imo.

I have changed wallpaper once successfully, every other time it freezes. It also freezes playing Angry Birds now and then. Little things like that.

Beyond the crashing, my battery is simply not lasting like before. I see most people getting good life, but I am not. That could be because I recently switched to Touchdown for my Exchange access, but I am unsure.

Despite the 2x p/day crashes, it is still more reliable than stock 2.2.

Mike have you ever tried different kernels? Most of thr time freezes and lockups are due to kernel conflicts. Not everyones devices handle kernels the same.

I would try the Vision Kernel, the older Twilight v1.0.4 is also very reliable. Also recommend setting the bottom number on the Mhz for your processor at 200Mhz because the 100Mhz gives many people issues. Its a lot of trial and error with finding a kernel that runs good with your device. The two I recommended are probably your best options with ACE and you can throw Genocide kernel in the mix too, its another good kernel.

Reactions: TexasEpic4G

mikebarr

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Mike have you ever tried different kernels? Most of thr time freezes and lockups are due to kernel conflicts. Not everyones devices handle kernels the same.

I would try the Vision Kernel, the older Twilight v1.0.4 is also very reliable. Also recommend setting the bottom number on the Mhz for your processor at 200Mhz because the 100Mhz gives many people issues. Its a lot of trial and error with finding a kernel that runs good with your device. The two I recommended are probably your best options with ACE and you can throw Genocide kernel in the mix too, its another good kernel.

Haven't played with it, but my phone is beyond unstable at this point. I can't reliably do anything besides text. Web browsing and Email (Touchdown) are essentially worthless. I lock up almost on the hour.

Not sure how to swap kernels. I will look it up.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Haven't played with it, but my phone is beyond unstable at this point. I can't reliably do anything besides text. Web browsing and Email (Touchdown) are essentially worthless. I lock up almost on the hour.

Not sure how to swap kernels. I will look it up.

You can find a list of kernels below..

Kernels

Flash them in CWM just like you would a ROM except no wipe is required ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tumi