[ROM]ACS ICS v5 (noCiQ)[EI22]

funktron2x

Tweakerer
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Just to document here. No more development on this ACS ROM. Marcusant's follow-on ROM can be found here:
[MTD][EI22]MarcusantROM v3 - 120mb - Like new! - xda-developers

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Figured he was doing something with MTD now that it's moving at a nice pace.

Too soon for me to go that route, I'll wait for some maturity.

But if you happen to be looking, marcusant, thanks for all your work on this release! I'm very, very pleased with it!

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the heads up. Figured he was doing something with MTD now that it's moving at a nice pace.

Too soon for me to go that route, I'll wait for some maturity.

But if you happen to be looking, marcusant, thanks for all your work on this release! I'm very, very pleased with it!

People are afraid of jumping to MTD for nothing. It's just a different (completely safe/very fast) file system that has the partition structure modified to allow for a lot more internal storage. It's not like ext4 with the risk of corruption and it's very easy to return to stock BML. All you do is flash stock with odin but "with" repartition checked. Doing so converts you back to the original file system and partition structure.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

funktron2x

Tweakerer
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have been following lots of threads dealing with MTD-based ROMs, and most of them for the Epic seem to need things hammered out yet. I'm not much of an early adopter for new ROMs, I like to wait a couple or four revs.

I'll do it eventually, since it appears ICS roms will likely roll out using it, but I'm in no hurry after moving to GB just now.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
If there's "things to be ironed out" it's within the rom. Changing the filesystem to yaffs2 MTD doesn't change how anything in the rom will function aside from faster read/write for system, stability over say ext4, and the partition structure leaving you with more interna storage.

funktron2x

Tweakerer
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Well, yeah. That's what I mean. The ROMs available for mtd'd epics right now need more work before I go full-time.

I'm clear on how filesystems work, that's not the issue at all.

And I know it's easy to odin back to stock and repartition, but i'd rather not deal with it yet, is all.

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, yeah. That's what I mean. The ROMs available for mtd'd epics right now need more work before I go full-time.

I've been running the MTD version of CleanGB for about a month now and I have to say it's the most stable ROM I've ever had in my Epic! No funky force closing of apps and not missing any features either. You may want to try it...

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone still working with this or supporting it? I love this rom, but today my SWYPE stopped working and said that I needed to update it at beta.swype.com

funktron2x

Tweakerer
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone still working with this or supporting it? I love this rom, but today my SWYPE stopped working and said that I needed to update it at beta.swype.com

I found this, and tried it - but it didn't work. Force closes every few seconds, had to uninstall...

Tutorial: Installing Beta Swype on Droid X [Archive] - Swype Forums

Try it, maybe it'll work for you? I didn't delete the old files, I just renamed them... Not that it matters, since my Swype is dead, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred