[ROM][ACS]SyndicateROM Frozen 1.2 (Updated 6/20)

Sirus213

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an issue I followed the instructions by QBKING77 video post. I upgraded my CWM to purple and wipe data/cache/dalvik x5 and installed syndicate 1.2 from 1.1.

The phone auto-booted and it totally updated ed to 1.2 with new wallpaper notification bar etc... except its lagging compared to 1.1. The issue is when I went to about phone it still says "twilight zone 1.1" not "SyndicateRom Frozen"

What did i do wrong? I also did not load the genocide since i was coming from 1.1... any ideas anyone?

CptDanger88

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Which paid lock screen widget app did you use? I use Widget Locker, and that allows you to remove the notification icon.

Sent from my Epic 4G
Sorry, I derp'd. Re-installed and checked the advanced tab and found it almost immediately. Used the UberMusic 2x1 widget, stretched it out to 4x1, and used the clear widgets theme.

jmartinbsu

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to load this ROM and am having some trouble. What I've done so far:

Previously rooted phone
Installed the updated CWM (purple).
Wiped data, cache and davlik at least 3, and up to 10 times each...
installed the rom 1.2
Installed the recommended Kernel (genocide)
Reboot and it goes into the OS....

My problem is that my phone doesn't see ANY network (bluetooth, 3g, 1x, 4g, wifi, etc). It appears as if AIRPLANE mode is shutting off and on quickly. Consequently I'm left with a big fat mp3 player at that point since I don't have a phone connection.

I basically have to ODIN my phone back to stock and then root it again after this. I've tried flashing this ROM 4 times now, each time downloading the files again without change in results....Anyone got any help?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to load this ROM and am having some trouble. What I've done so far:

Previously rooted phone
Installed the updated CWM (purple).
Wiped data, cache and davlik at least 3, and up to 10 times each...
installed the rom 1.2
Installed the recommended Kernel (genocide)
Reboot and it goes into the OS....

My problem is that my phone doesn't see ANY network (bluetooth, 3g, 1x, 4g, wifi, etc). It appears as if AIRPLANE mode is shutting off and on quickly. Consequently I'm left with a big fat mp3 player at that point since I don't have a phone connection.

I basically have to ODIN my phone back to stock and then root it again after this. I've tried flashing this ROM 4 times now, each time downloading the files again without change in results....Anyone got any help?

Are you converting to ext4 before flashing the rom? Also which kernel are you installing?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

jmartinbsu

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
The kernel is the genocide kernel of the instructional video from the original post on youtube...
I'm flashing the stock rom through ODIN so I would not be using ext prior to flashing this rom...

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
The kernel is the genocide kernel of the instructional video from the original post on youtube...
I'm flashing the stock rom through ODIN so I would not be using ext prior to flashing this rom...

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but after you root, flash this zip [ACS][CWM 3.0.25+]Rfs2Ext4 and Ext42Rfs **UPDATED 7/27 - xda-developers, then flash the rom and your kernel. SRF 1.2 does not autoconvert your file system to ext 4 which is why you are having those issues.

nikon120

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but after you root, flash this zip [ACS][CWM 3.0.25+]Rfs2Ext4 and Ext42Rfs **UPDATED 7/27 - xda-developers, then flash the rom and your kernel. SRF 1.2 does not autoconvert your file system to ext 4 which is why you are having those issues.
I distinctly recall this rom automatically converting RFS filesystems to EXT4 upon flashing. Just be sure you have a Froyo kernel to flash with this rom, as none was included.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

jmartinbsu

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, that was supposedly corrected (rfs->ext) in the last update. Also, in flashing the stock via ODIN then doing the update via the phone then doing all the fun stuff I listed above, I have followed directions as set out in the video...This isn't my first ROM or conversion to EXT but I'm a bit stumped....