ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimlikesmayo

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

I got a puzzler that I haven't seen reported yet. I can't make or receive calls haha. Every time I try the phone process stops. Anyone else run into this?

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

i remember reading a post on my usial forum saying "virgin mobile would be unhappy due to a press rreklease titled :Do Not Root Our Phones!" they dont even know

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Just Flashed alpha3 phone SMS works no web, browser. Crashed and theres a USB notification. That wont go away.... however I flashed without wiping from Meg's 7.2 n got the rotate effect.pretty sweet ....

Browser works for me both wifi and 3G. The USB notification is the usbstorage app. It is currently needed until I can find out more about the issues.

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site

OK, did my testing of Quattrimus Alpha-3. I like the speed and smoothness, and the overall experience is excellent. The development on this build has been nothing short of phenomenal, and I have no doubt this will move beyond alpha in the near future. For me, the only problems were the well-documented lack of camera support and the not-as-well documented microphone problem.
On finishing my testing, I restored my nandroid backup, checked to make sure all my apps were there (they were) and everything is working fine.
Excellent work being done by many people, JerryScript, TDM and Gannon have been doing a great job of resolving issues and helping out us users. Many thanks to all. :cool::cool:

Reactions: rukin5197

celestelugo0

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

First off, amazing job to everyone who has had a hand in the making of this. You guys/girls rock! Ill be downloading and flashing this tonight. Is there anything I can do to help? Write some kind of guide or anything?

P.s. my daughter just turned 6 months so I'm super busy. Time flies like crazy, to fast for me. My princess dont even like being held like a baby anymore. So sad, :(.

P.s.s. Again, thanks everyone :D

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

First off, amazing job to everyone who has had a hand in the making of this. You guys/girls rock! Ill be downloading and flashing this tonight. Is there anything I can do to help? Write some kind of guide or anything?

P.s. my daughter just turned 6 months so I'm super busy. Time flies like crazy, to fast for me. My princess dont even like being held like a baby anymore. So sad, :(.

P.s.s. Again, thanks everyone :D

avctuilly a full flashing guide would be phe3nominal :D butr be sure to note first time rom flasherd no no and it is an alpha

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

I am currently surfing and posting this from my phone, and Data is not enabled. o_O

Data enabled is not checked in Mobile network settings and GPRS Service says disconnected in the Phone info menu.

Edit: I also noticed there's a startup script in /etc/init.s/08dalvik that's supposed to move the dalvik cache to the /cache partition, giving us more room on the /data partition, but it's not. Are those startup scripts turned off or is just that one not working?

Last edited:

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I am currently surfing and posting this from my phone, and Data is not enabled. o_O

Data enabled is not checked in Mobile network settings and GPRS Service says disconnected in the Phone info menu.

Edit: I also noticed there's a startup script in /etc/init.s/08dalvik that's supposed to move the dalvik cache to the /cache partition, giving us more room on the /data partition, but it's not. Are those startup scripts turned off or is just that one not working?

that made me laugh Lol!

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

im skipping a build of backside this ALPHA is working so well when jerry gets his ics rom out ill be all over that

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

Hey cammykool, wanna help me get the software keys at the bottom? I'm in desperate need of help :confused:

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I tried alpha 2 for a couple days, and I have to say it's running very smoothly for an alpha. If it weren't for the stubs, I'd say the quality of what is there could easily pass for a beta.

Great job on the part of tdm and the other devs on this. I am thoroughly impressed.

I had a couple freezes the first day (but oddly none the second day). Yes, 3G and phone/SMS didn't work after boot - easily fixed by cycling airplane mode and mobile data. I didn't have problems with the keyboard (dunno why not since everybody else seems to), but I quickly installed Swype beta, which works fine. OK, it's a bit slower than IHO, but I'm sure there's room for optimizations. Again, for an alpha, this is very impressive.

That said, I didn't particularly like ICS itself and decided to switch back to IHO/Mirage after two days. Not because of the quality of quattrimus: I could use this as a daily driver already - and I didn't even try alpha 3. But my experience of the ICS interface (my first) did not convince me at all. It takes much more screen space, is less efficient (more scrolling and tapping to complete the same tasks) and though this ROM fully supports the OV keys, ICS doesn't make good use of them. Certainly others may react differently.

So once again thank you, and my greatest admiration, to the devs for giving me a chance to try ICS on my OV. I never thought it would run on this phone at all, and seeing this, l have no doubt it will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Masema and tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

Free space on /data and /cache is going to be an issue. That notice about upgrading when you first boot into ICS seems to be the system populating the dalvik cache for every application. In my case, that means 60-odd system apps and 60-odd extra apps and it takes well over 100mb of space.

I have not yet enabled mounting /sd-ext and moving the dalvik cache to /cache, so /data gets hit pretty hard. In my case, it blew out all the space on /data, which causes Very Bad Things to happen (most everything crashed at startup, no contacts synced, etc.)

As it happens, I was testing the startup scripts to do sd-ext and dalvik cache today. They work, which is good. But dalvik cache is still too big for my /cache partition, which causes other Very Bad Things to happen (can't download anything from the market, etc.)

So I modified the dalvik startup script to prefer /sd-ext for the dalvik cache. On my phone this is 1gb and less than half full, so it works well. I'll definitely put that into the next build.

Also tested out Drew's iScream kernel. Seems to work equally well on the surface. I haven't dug through to see exactly what changed for the better or worse. However, he is requesting that devs point users to his package so that he can get thanks and donations. So I'm going to honor that and not put it into my build.

What I'm going to do is start building a VM670 kernel from the various pieces that I have: the Sprint GB kernel drop, the diffs between the Froyo LS670 and VM670 kernels, and the change history for the various kernel maintainers (mainly BobZhome and Drew). I'm sure that will take a few days in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred