ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

I'm just wondering if anyone is noticing excessive battery drain. Obviously alpha is.not going to have as good life as iho but it seems I'm losing about 20% an hour with light usage, more like 10% if I keep the screen off.

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

I'm just wondering if anyone is noticing excessive battery drain. Obviously alpha is.not going to have as good life as iho but it seems I'm losing about 20% an hour with light usage, more like 10% if I keep the screen off.

I wouldn't quite call it excessive, but so far my phone has been on battery for 2h 29m 15s, and i have 76% battery, all radios turned on(Wifi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth[even though im not using BT]), and 825/480MHz on SAVAGEDZEN governor, with medium to heavy usage (been using the browser a lot and angry birds, and not closing any apps, just letting them run in the background.)
The only thing I've changed from the initial install of Quattrimus, was install Drew's iScream kernel.
And then again, not all Optimus V's are created equal.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

It seemed like I was getting shorter battery life. I'm comparing it to Harmonia 2, but still, it seemed to run out quite a bit faster. This isn't really an issue with me though, I'm not sure that I go anywhere that doesn't have an electrical outlet, and I've always got my charger. This ROM just looks and feels so nice, it's worth a little less time between charges as long as it's pretty stable.

Discovered

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I run wifi only on airplane mode it does drain faster but with juice defender its better

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

lilrob1213

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't quite call it excessive, but so far my phone has been on battery for 2h 29m 15s, and i have 76% battery, all radios turned on(Wifi, 3G, GPS, Bluetooth[even though im not using BT]), and 825/480MHz on SAVAGEDZEN governor, with medium to heavy usage (been using the browser a lot and angry birds, and not closing any apps, just letting them run in the background.)
The only thing I've changed from the initial install of Quattrimus, was install Drew's iScream kernel.
And then again, not all Optimus V's are created equal.

I tried the iScream kernel, but I couldn't get wifi to turn on... any ideas?

nitestalkr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

What max. and min. speeds are you running, and which governor are you using?
I've had my phone untouched(screen off) for the past hour now, and it has dropped to 70%.
And I'm coming from Jerry's BACKside ROM, so this is my first time seeing the SAVAGEDZEN governor, which caught my eye when I saw it. So far, it seems to be just about meeting the battery life that I've experienced in an early Dec. or Jan. build of BACKside. So far, with the results that I'm experiencing, once Quattrimus becomes a standard build (out of ALPHA and BETA stages), I'm sure that our little Optimus V's will experience a supremacy of balance between both excellent performance, and excellent battery life.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

what does the SAVAGEDZEN governor do different than interactive x?

+ savagedzen (By jsseidel@XDA)
SavagedZen is a governor based on the Smartass governor. With tweaks to paramaters which control how much and how fast cpu ramps up/down. Main difference versus Smartass is that cpu ramps down not in fixed steps, but based on cpu load heuristics, i.e. when cpu load falls below threshold (min_cpu_load), cpu immediately ramps down to a frequency derived from the measured load.

Pulled from this German android forum.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I do have to say that msm7k profile is super fast, I have never seen my phone so responsive. I'm sure my battery life is horrible with it. If my wifi would stop having issues, I could stick with this.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Remember everyone, you cannot take a battery reading seriously within the first day or two of flashing a ROM. The first boot alone eats up tons of battery due to rebuilding the entire filesystem and creating the dalvik cache from scratch. Then there is the fact you are testing out all types of new settings, and trying out different configurations.

It takes 3 days of normal usage to determine true battery life. ;)

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Remember everyone, you cannot take a battery reading seriously within the first day or two of flashing a ROM. The first boot alone eats up tons of battery due to rebuilding the entire filesystem and creating the dalvik cache from scratch. Then there is the fact you are testing out all types of new settings, and trying out different configurations.

It takes 3 days of normal usage to determine true battery life. ;)

Right now, I'm all like "I've got ICS on my phone! Holy f**king sh*t! Hey, look at that, the battery drains a bit faster, BUT I'VE GOT ICS ON MY PHONE AND IT'S POWERED ON AT THE SAME TIME!

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

How would lupohirp know something like that? Was the information made available somewhere?
My SwiftKey keyboard work perfectly with ics :D

I have no idea. But I gotta trust that he knows what he is talking about. :D

A.I.

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site

I tried the iScream kernel, but I couldn't get wifi to turn on... any ideas?

Works here.

There is a small issue if you get the password wrong. You'll be unable to modify the network unless you forget it and toggle WiFi on and off. This was reproducible by me and if anyone else can confirm that'd be cool.

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site

FINALLY got it to work :) tell me what you think..

Screenshot_2012-02-20-11-38-48.png

it cuts off a lot of stuff. But I'm working on that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.