ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

If anyone is having trouble with the wifi not working even when connected to a network or when connectiing to a different network I found a simple yet not so convenient solution . For some reason this from isn't writing the right code inside the wpa_supplicant.config file so using root explorer go to ur phones parent folder go to data then to misc then to wifi n inside that folder u will find the .config file long press it then select open as text editor then set all numerical figures to 0 (0=enabled, 1=disabled) also erase the old network you were con.ected to and if it shows disabled unr3rneath the current network ur on erase that too. Then save it will make a .bakfile of the old .config file so don't worry about messing up. Also before u do this dissconect from the network turn wifi off then after editing turn wifi on then reboot phone . Upon reboot it will work.

Reactions: Ilovefarts

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

This is probably a stupid question...but can someone explain to me exactly what hardware acceleration does? From my understanding, it has to do with video, games, and maybe music? Does it have something to do with the video card? :-!

Well, in general terms, hardware acceleration means that the CPU is offloading work to another chip. This could be scientific computations done by a special processor, SSL encryption/decryption done by an add-in card, etc.

In our case, we are using the term to mean video acceleration. Specifically hardware assisted OpenGL rendering. I'm not personally familiar with all the details -- heck, I never even looked at the OpenGL API. But I imagine that does cool effects like alpha blending, screen fading and transititions, rotations, and more.

Reactions: terthii and mustafu

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
If anyone is having trouble with the wifi not working even when connected to a network or when connectiing to a different network I found a simple yet not so convenient solution . For some reason this from isn't writing the right code inside the wpa_supplicant.config file so using root explorer go to ur phones parent folder go to data then to misc then to wifi n inside that folder u will find the .config file long press it then select open as text editor then set all numerical figures to 0 (0=enabled, 1=disabled) also erase the old network you were con.ected to and if it shows disabled unr3rneath the current network ur on erase that too. Then save it will make a .bakfile of the old .config file so don't worry about messing up. Also before u do this dissconect from the network turn wifi off then after editing turn wifi on then reboot phone . Upon reboot it will work.

Thanks for the info, also did you happen to figure out what file you changed to get the video working?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

frogpot

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

This is my first post on here and im useing it to say thanks to you good sir would have bin months befor i got even close to this far getting ics on my ov and thanks to every one who has a hand in helping move this forward

a5pe4

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to put back a couple of the gapps packages that I had previously removed. I personally like GenieWidget (news & weather) and there's been a request for CalendarGoogle.

I would like to have google talk included in gapps as well! Very useful app. Especially since it connects all Android users.

Rayz321

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site

Wow thank you so much for this :D You got me addicted to ICS even if it's not fully functional.
Great job I hope you keepup the work :)

terthii

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Well, in general terms, hardware acceleration means that the CPU is offloading work to another chip. This could be scientific computations done by a special processor, SSL encryption/decryption done by an add-in card, etc.

In our case, we are using the term to mean video acceleration. Specifically hardware assisted OpenGL rendering. I'm not personally familiar with all the details -- heck, I never even looked at the OpenGL API. But I imagine that does cool effects like alpha blending, screen fading and transititions, rotations, and more.

Ah, ok. I get it now, thanks! :)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

has anyone noticed 3G wont lock on and WI-FI wont show how many bars its getting? just curious

I have, the fact that 3g keeps going in and out is the biggest reason that battery is draining so fast. I turned off data the other day and got my phone through a 14 hour day... when with spotty 3g enabled in quattrimus I'd kill my battery after around four hours.

Zakman

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I have, the fact that 3g keeps going in and out is the biggest reason that battery is draining so fast. I turned off data the other day and got my phone through a 14 hour day... when with spotty 3g enabled in quattrimus I'd kill my battery after around four hours.

Yeah I agree we need a fix for this.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Don't you guys pay any attention? Just a page or to ago tdm was talking about a possible fix for this. Its been brought up since the beginning of this ALPHA build. Just give it time

Status
Not open for further replies.