[ROM-CM9]Paranoid Android Tablet UI~August 15th,2012 MIC FIXED

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Idk, cm10 and cm9 are practically(<-- key word) in the same stages of development, except CM10 is a lot smoother.

sent from my Zom-"Bean'(CM10 JellyBean).

Not to mention that newer versions of ParanoidAndroid are based off CM10. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Guys, I wouldn't expect many ports from cm10. Jellybean is already too big on our phone as it is, it just wont work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-CM9]Paranoid Android Tablet UI~August 15th,2012 MIC FIXE

if i use this porting guide [GUIDE] How to port Stock/GB/CM7/CM9/ICS/CM10/JB Based ROMs [Update: Aug.29.2012] - xda-developers would it work using say this rom and any ics rom (bobs,quattrimus,etc) ? i wanna do it for personal use because i have another phone to test everything on. i tried building from 'sawces' (thats what they call it) here Paranoid Android - Paranoid Android - Topic: [TUT] How to compile ParanoidAndroid from Sauces (1/1) im not sure if i did it right though cause i get errors asking if i have the right repo manifest (quite frankly ive followed just about every guide out there and reinstalled ubuntu 8 times trying to get something, any rom to build.)

so any help would be appreciated, ive been trying this forever.

update: tried the porting guide but i get installation aborted...

this is frigging aggravating.

Last edited:

shadowvox6

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM-CM9]Paranoid Android Tablet UI~August 15th,2012 MIC FIXE

I applied the ROM...rebooted...
Got the LG logo
Got the Q on the screen
Then got the multi-color X on the screen with nothing else.....been sitting for 10+ minutes
Any ideas??

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Rom is great but over locked for over an hour at 806 on savagedzen, then reboot, about 10 minutes later all heck broke lose lol. Had to go back to 480 and 600. And getting white screen on boat browser and Facebook. Any suggestions?

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I applied the ROM...rebooted...
Got the LG logo
Got the Q on the screen
Then got the multi-color X on the screen with nothing else.....been sitting for 10+ minutes
Any ideas??
Hard to flash huge roms sometimes. It takes a couple attempts.
Rom is great but over locked for over an hour at 806 on savagedzen, then reboot, about 10 minutes later all heck broke lose lol. Had to go back to 480 and 600. And getting white screen on boat browser and Facebook. Any suggestions?

Oh and MMS not working.
Ill look into it all and see if i ccan get 1.5. Overclock is the kernel, white screen issues is CM9 on our phones.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Hard to flash huge roms sometimes. It takes a couple attempts.

Ill look into it all and see if i ccan get 1.5. Overclock is the kernel, white screen issues is CM9 on our phones.

Thanks so much. If you apply the newer kernel and fix mms, this is the best ICS in my opinion.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Tgl a little while ago I set my dpi to 80 (bottom status bar) and rebooted non stop... any ideas

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
well i re followed the porting guide without unzipping and everything worked... im using bobs as a base. it seems to be running pretty stable, i wanna clean up the build prop though because i think it might be a lil bloated. but otherwise fine, no reboots and everything cm9 seems to be working. battery life is decent. camera works. and i have no white screen gmail issues(though i dont think i ever did) and im playing around with removing gapps so it can be installed separately and modifying the pad.prop to use the right dpi for the keyboard.

Rudeco

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
well i re followed the porting guide without unzipping and everything worked... im using bobs as a base. it seems to be running pretty stable, i wanna clean up the build prop though because i think it might be a lil bloated. but otherwise fine, no reboots and everything cm9 seems to be working. battery life is decent. camera works. and i have no white screen gmail issues(though i dont think i ever did) and im playing around with removing gapps so it can be installed separately and modifying the pad.prop to use the right dpi for the keyboard.

Sweet! Yeah def let us know if you get it done. Did you implement the newer bobz kernel? Mms working?

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
i would need someone to test mms with. also i removed gapps and in my testing right now that breaks the home button and lockscreen. installing gapps fixes the issue (i used bobzhomes small zip) but assuming you install the rom and gapps together (or separately even.) it boots stright to everything and the keyboard works great. and throughout it all not a single forced reboot.

all of this is as of my testing on a deacitvated optimus v with a plastic screen, i hasvent flashed it to mine yet but im about to try that now. someone send me a pm if you can send me a mms message and ill pm my phone # (but i doubt its working if its a cm 9.1.0 issue,

I can post the rom if i have permission from all parties involved. afaik that is bobzhome, thatguylurkin and whoever else i need to ask.

edit: tested on my newer optimus v and similar success, however i did get 1 unexpected reboot near the beginning, after that none so far.

2nd edit: it would start rebooting after i posted that edit.... but i think its due to the zv5 baseband not being able to handle ics roms right now. so until bob fixes the kernel to not have reboots on zv5 basebands this is a no go for my daily driver... also still no reboots on the older zv4 phone.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
You won't, Bob has declared he will not give permission to use his ROMs as a base any longer. Consider it a learning exercise, and keep it for your own personal use.

chrisbimmermd

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ICS-CM9]~~~~Paranoid Android TABLET UI~~~~

At first I was going to post about an error, said it couldn't install (in CWM it said "Installation Aborted"), but then I decided to backup the SD card to my computer then wipe it then redownload the ROM and gapps, then wipe all again ad try again. It worked.

Then it looked like it was hanging at the colorful "X" logo when turning on for the first time after installing the Paranoid Android ROM. But I guessed it was actually the setup screen and decided to wait. My patience paid off. About three minutes later it finished and booted up.

It looks so awesome!!! Now I finally have ICS on my Optimus V!!! I have had this phone since it first came out (Paid $250!!), so it's super-awesome to get such an awesome improvement!! =D

Now it's having a problem at the login, but I think that's just because I forgot and installed the CM7 gapps instead of the one for CM9. So now I will wipe again and reinstall with the correct gapps.
... (reinstalling) ...
Yep that was the issue. Now that I have reinstalled using the correct gapps (ICS), now it works. Only thing is, the keyboard is super small so I will skip past the account login screens and log in later.

An interesting thing to nte is that you can't boot into this OS for the first time if you have the charger plugged in. If you try it will only go to the battery screen that displays when it is charging and the phone is off. This is easily remedied by merely unplugging from the charger and then turning on and waiting for the setup to complete.

Just take note that the colorful "X" will be on the screen for a few minutes without any verbose mention that it is setting up. Just be patient and it will complete in a couple of minutes.

chrisbimmermd

May 12, 2011
Visit site
MY INSTALL EXPERIENCE

Installation Aborted, and Fixed:

At first I was going to post about an error, said it couldn't install (in CWM it said "Installation Aborted"), but then I decided to backup the SD card to my computer then wipe it then redownload the ROM and gapps, then wipe all again and try again. It worked.

Hanging at the Install "X"? Nope, Just Missing Verbosity:

Then it looked like it was hanging at the colorful "X" logo when turning on for the first time after installing the Paranoid Android ROM. But I guessed it was actually the setup screen and decided to wait. My patience paid off. About three minutes later it finished and booted up.

Just take note that the colorful "X" will be on the screen for a few minutes without any verbose mention that it is setting up. Just be patient and it will complete in a couple of minutes.

Gapps Problem and Fix - Was the CM7 Instead of CM9:

Now it's having a problem at the login, but I think that's just because I forgot and installed the CM7 gapps instead of the one for CM9. So now I will wipe again and reinstall with the correct gapps.
... (reinstalling) ...
Yep that was the issue. Now that I have reinstalled using the correct gapps (ICS), now it works. Only thing is, the keyboard is super small so I will skip past the account login screens and log in later.

Setup Booting Issue and Fix:

An interesting thing to nte is that you can't boot into this OS for the first time if you have the charger plugged in. If you try it will only go to the battery screen that displays when it is charging and the phone is off. This is easily remedied by merely unplugging from the charger and then turning on and waiting for the setup to complete.

FIXES I DISCOVERED AND SOLVED

The Keyboard Issue:

If you also get the keyboard problem, which I assume is because the SwiftKey keyboard is expired (the developer included swiftkey most likely because of the native keyboard issue; but swiftkey must have found out and banned that key) - so here is how I fixed it:

1) Downloaded "ICS Keyboard Full" and installed, then switched to that keyboard. (you could probably download any keyboard - that's just the one I tried and it worked)
2) Now that I have a keyboard I can reinstall the Swype Beta. It was impossible to log in to my swype beta account with the broken native keyboard.
3) I recommend to remove SwiftKey (unless you want to buy it). To do this, you will have to use Titanium Backup because Swiftkey is installed as part of the system. Just make sure to keep the other keyboard for your phone to default back to in case Swype is ever turned off.

The Low Resolution & Undersized/Oversized Screens Issue:

Another problem you might have is that because of the lower resolution of the optimus, it might be hard to read the words. To fix this,
1) Download and install a different Launcher; I chose ADW Launcher
2) Change all the ADW settings according to your own preferences, whatever you prefer
3) Optimally you should go into:
Code:
ADWSettings > UI Settings > Screen Preferences > and choose:
* Desktop Columns to 4
* Desktop Rows to 5

Also you should go into:
Code:
ADWSettings > UI Settings > Drawer Settings > and choose:
* Desktop Columns Portrait to 4
* Desktop Rows Portrait to 5
* Desktop Columns Landscape to 5
* Desktop Rows to Landscape 4

Additionally you should go into:
Code:
ADWSettings > UI Settings > Icons > and choose:
* Check the box on Density Hack
* In New Icons Settings:
* Icons Size: 92
* Icons Text Size: 12

4) Go into
Code:
Settings > Paranoid Settings > Hybrid Settings
, make sure the box is checked, AND change the following:
* System app density to 160(Mid),
* User app density to 160(Mid),
* Dialogs and popups density to 120(Low), and
* Default status bar density to 160(Mid).​

Now your screen should look a visibly good quality.

CONCLUSION

Finally! After 2 years of having this phone, I finally get ICS! Kudos to the developer - after you apply these couple minor fixes I listed, this is one seriously amazing OS! Superb job, OP, and thank you so much for all your hard work! I give this a 9/10, the best ROM out there as of yet!

Last edited:

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Swiftkey is expired, yes. It works, you just have to click the back button when it tells you to buy. I fixed the Text before, but that was when trying to fix settings. :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays