[ROM-CM9]Paranoid Android Tablet UI~August 15th,2012 MIC FIXED

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Thank you TGL! This ROM is awesome! I have some ICS on tablets, I also have the boring Nexus7. This is the 1st ICS running on my cell. Thank you!

To begin with, me too, I was skeptical to run a tabletUI on a, what, 3.5 in screen cell. after installing ParanoidAndroid, there is no doubt, this is the best for my LG Optimus V.

The LG OV was running GingerSnapp. It is so good that I was wondering, how can this be outdone, not easy. GSnapp is stable/smooth/fast/tether. I found out the ParanoidAndroid is the same, almost. It certainly is stable, no FC/crash/reboot so far, it is smooth and full of features from ICS. Thank you.

Couple of short questions
1) How to do screen capture? Do I install some 3rd party app, or ParanoidAndroid has it hidden somewhere?
2) Tethering is not working, or I dont know how to make it work. Press the wifi tether option has no response. I installed wifi tethering for rooter, the receving ablet was able to see the network, but did not catch on.

Again, thanks for this beautiful ICS port. Sorry that I have to leave Gsnapp camp, also your excellent port.

Edit: Found it, the screen capture is on the power button, long press. Nice. And with WIFi tether.apk, that would crash the phone, occasionally.

bun

Last edited:

ShadowEO

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey TGL, just got around to trying your PA port on my OptiS, Works great. I cannot for the life of me get the Bottom Statusbar to work. Tried all the DPIs (80 and 90 gave me bootloop, and 135-140 didn't change anything) I turn on Tablet UI and it takes away the soft-keys but leaves the normal status bar up above. Calling and Data work great along with many of the settings. Overall great port :) Looking forward to a day that PA 2.15 comes around (the CM10 based version) so I can have the same OS on both my Nexus 7 and OptiS :3

ThatGuyLurkin

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry. Not really putting in a lot of effort on this. I will update soon. Last Paranoid release is 1.5B I believe

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

KidFr3sH

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been using this for a week now I really love it stable fast amazing UI nd features glad to see this project aint dead : ) Goodwork

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

StumDroid

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Anybody who wants a stable version of Paranoid Android visit the Optimus S Roms and check out Cold As Ice CM9 by The Kraven, he has Paranoid Android in the Forum now and everything works including MMS and Bottom Status Bar, im using it as we speak. I have notice that it still has the White Facebook problem every now and then but no big deal :) He has a file to swap it to Virgin Mobile too so FLASH!!! Here's the link guys
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...id-ls670-11-20-zvd-basesband-alpha19-163.html
its on Post #4064 by the Kraven. Enjoy :)

chrisbimmermd

May 12, 2011
Visit site
is there a workaround mms for the mean time

MMS is the only thing that doesn't work for me. I've been using this version for almost 6 months now. I would like a quick fix for this as well.

Also occasionally the Wifi kicks off but usually comes back with either a reboot or a router reboot or both. Not exactly sure what the issue is or perhaps it has nothing at all to do with the phone but rather the router.

bd3

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ICS-CM9]~~~~Paranoid Android TABLET UI~~~~

Hello ThatGuyLurkin and all!

Just installed your rom ([ROM-CM9]Paranoid Android Tablet UI~August 15th,2012 MIC FIXED) on my Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V VM670 and so far it working great. Still have not played around with the Tablet UI. That UI I am confused about the purpose? and the keyboard is WAY to small to use in that. Please explain it's purpose and how to get the keyboard bigger if you don't mind.

First, what is the status of any updates the this ROM?

Second, the Paranoid version it states is v 1.4. Is that the latest that can run on the Optimus V? The "check for updates states "Server connection timed out. Please try again later."

Lastly, Can I remove the boot animation of the Nexus X off the phone? Is there a Paranoid animation or image that can be inserted as a replacement, if so how?

I know I have asked a lot of questions and I appericate any help and I thank you and others for your help!!!:D

bunanson

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ICS-CM9]~~~~Paranoid Android TABLET UI~~~~

To fix the font follow OP 1st post installation instruction, it will fix the fonts. This is a great ROM and my daily.
bun