[ROM] Incredibly Re-EngineeredX v1.00 [01-17-11]

rion_j

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
wow dude, are you trying to get yourself banned from this forum? if so, your on your way! btw, your download links in this thread are still active. :)

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Relax, dude. No one's jumping on your tail here, we're just trying to get the story straight. No need to come out with the insults.

As far as other forums giving you grief, it's called agonism. It's not particularly uncommon in communities such as this one.

edit: +4 on the background.

jdhas

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The behavior, tone, and attitude of the OP (I am hesitant to use the word "developer") make me pretty leery of letting this bastard child ROM anywhere near my $500 smart phone.

+5 on the background. Schwing!

chingy51o

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The behavior, tone, and attitude of the OP (I am hesitant to use the word "developer") make me pretty leery of letting this bastard child ROM anywhere near my $500 smart phone.

+5 on the background. Schwing!

sorry if im coming off as an ahole. some sh/t regarding this whole thing on xda just pissed me off and i think im taking it out on you guys... lol again im sorry and dont mean to be a ****. i just wish people would try it out so they could see how it actually isnt liberty... if anyone knows me from my dinc rom you know this isnt how i am... and regarding the wallpaper. download the rom and go get it. =P

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
What should have happened is if you worked all the apk files you should have contacted the developers and said that's what you did. Tell them you love the rom and see if they want to use your updated faster working apk files in their next release with credit to you. Seems like the apk files was most of your work and you should be proud of it. If most of this is liberty then give it to them with credit to your hard work. Not making a new rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

chingy51o

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
wow dude, are you trying to get yourself banned from this forum? if so, your on your way! btw, your download links in this thread are still active. :)

if they wanna ban me for proving fighting my case then this website would be classified how xda is now.. lol
What should have happened is if you worked all the apk files you should have contacted the developers and said that's what you did. Tell them you love the rom and see if they want to use your updated faster working apk files in their next release with credit to you. Seems like the apk files was most of your work and you should be proud of it. If most of this is liberty then give it to them with credit to your hard work. Not making a new rom.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

see this is what you guys dont understand. i made this rom for MYSELF. not for you guys. i just chose to share it with you. you know what i mean? i dont want to have to go through with removing all the crap on liberty/redoing my mods, etc every time i flash the rom. i want it to be how i want it right out of the box. and to be completely honest with you guys i didnt even know jrummy had such a big hand with liberty. i dont really look/follow the dx forums that much.. (the dx isnt my phone its my gfs..) thats why i didnt ask him. i thought it was all kejar and i asked him multiple times but didnt get a response. i guess my impatientness just got the better of me as i was so excited about this rom i just wanted to share it with you guys..

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Well it is my opinion that Chingy51o greatly improved the Liberty rom. I'll leave the rest of the bs to be sorted out between him and the Liberty guys.

Regardless of how it was done, this is much improved rom.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
see this is what you guys dont understand. i made this rom for MYSELF. not for you guys. i just chose to share it with you. you know what i mean? i dont want to have to go through with removing all the crap on liberty/redoing my mods, etc every time i flash the rom. i want it to be how i want it right out of the box. and to be completely honest with you guys i didnt even know jrummy had such a big hand with liberty. i dont really look/follow the dx forums that much.. (the dx isnt my phone its my gfs..) thats why i didnt ask him. i thought it was all kejar and i asked him multiple times but didnt get a response. i guess my impatientness just got the better of me as i was so excited about this rom i just wanted to share it with you guys..

We appreciate your openness to share with us! :)

However putting it up on the site like this is advertising it for others to have. Same thing as on XDA. I think you are trying to split hairs with that. Im not knocking you, just saying that you should be careful on what you post for the internet to download. Anyone, and I mean anyone can now download your ROM from Android Central. So saying that you didnt make it for "us" and just for yourself seems contradictory.

But I agree with tnt. Sure you made it for yourself and sure may be faster. If it were me I would have sent my changes to Rummy and pointed out what I did and how it effected his ROM and asked for credit in future releases if he chose to use it. While still keeping it for yourself. You have the right to create just about anything you want in any way you want but when it is made readily avaliable to other like putting it on Android Central is when you start stepping on toes :)

Edit: I tried the ROM for poops and giggles. It is faster in a lot of ways. But still the source and base is still the same as Liberty in my opinion and as the OP stated. Talk to Rummy.

ceriem

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Can anyone else post if this is work downloading over Liberty? I just flashed Liberty and don't want to flash again if there's not a marked improvement over stock Liberty.

Using the term stock entirely in a satirical way of course.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Here's the deal:

There is nothing new about what chingy51o has done. All Droid X ROMs are based on files and software that is 100% property of Motorola. With an encrypted bootloader, there is no other way to make it happen. jrummy started with Moto's work & modified it to make it better. If this is an exact copy of jrummy's ROM, with Chingy's logo on it, well then we have a problem. If it's been improved upon, then there isn't. All I ask is that chingy follow the ROM's and Hack's rule and give jrummy credit, if that's what he based this on, and be clear about what HE did to make it "better".

Cory

Reactions: dvader

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz