[ROM] JB 4.1.2 SlimRom for LS670 3.1 Build3

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have found that it's not necessarily how high the numbers are, but how small the gap between is. If you want to be up that high, you might need to crank the min up. Of course that can cause overheating, so be careful with it. I have never had good results with the clock speed that high.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Battery drain?

If that's your question, outside of those extended batteries that will make your Optimus S or V look like a rock...there's not much you can do. On a great setup and day, I can get 8-9 hours of light moderate usage on my 1600 mah Anker battery....

videokid14

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
i have also noticed that when my screen turns off the lights on the buttons stay lit until the battery runs dead?? any ideas on how to fix.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
i have also noticed that when my screen turns off the lights on the buttons stay lit until the battery runs dead?? any ideas on how to fix.

Nothing you can do. seems like a ROM quirk. When I used this ROM...took about 4, 5 mins for those button lights to turn off. Didn't seem to affect battery performance and life one way or the other?

glenesis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
How is your battery life with this rom?
Thank you

My battery life is great, though not as great as under theKraven's cm7 build. I found this ROM to be insanely quick and stable. It is a very smooth JB experience. Note that I crash frequently when I OC above 768mHz, biut the phone is very snappy at default CPU speeds, so it really is not an issue for me. The only problem that I have with this ROM at all is its incredible lack of app space. This is not a complaint, though, because let's face it: it is simply amazing that theKraven was able to adapt this ROM to run on our wonderful little phones at all! ;)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

Shinkenred

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is great, though not as great as under theKraven's cm7 build. I found this ROM to be insanely quick and stable. It is a very smooth JB experience. Note that I crash frequently when I OC above 768mHz, biut the phone is very snappy at default CPU speeds, so it really is not an issue for me. The only problem that I have with this ROM at all is its incredible lack of app space. This is not a complaint, though, because let's face it: it is simply amazing that theKraven was able to adapt this ROM to run on our wonderful little phones at all! ;)

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

The lack of space isn't THAT bad; you can get in quite a bit more on this than you could with something like BobZhome's CM10 or thekraven's JBC (which is 4.2.2 and is almost impossible to get much of anything. I'm surprised there's not a SlimROM version). Making a partition on the SD card and using one of those scripts that move apps to the SD card also help out with internal space issues, and so does clearing out (the RIGHT) system apps via the use of Titanium Backup.

DoomMunky

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I am loving this ROM. I'm on Ting, so I try to use as little data as possible when not on Wifi, and this works great. I just turn on Wifi when I need it, and otherwise the phone just sits and looks sexay. I love how fast it is, and I seem to have plenty of room; it might be using my ext3 partition by default. :)

Great job yet again, thekraven. I'm impressed and grateful. I'm loving keeping this old phone alive!

videokid14

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
OK i have been trying to run this ROM for a while now. I do a clean flash with int2ext script and gapps and it loads and installs fine. I go in and downloads apps i want and get it finished. I'm happy. So i leave it on the charger turned on only to come home the next morning and find it turned off completely. When it does turn on all my apps are gone and my gmail account is gone again as well as all the space the int2ext gave me previously when installing all the apps. What happened??? Possibly not mounting sdcard on boot??

OK went into cot recovery and mounted sdcard rebooted and space and apps are back????? Wtf!!! Lol

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

videokid14

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Also notices while phone is on it wont charge. Its at 0 percent plugged in and it stays on. It will charge if the phones off. Why??? Tried 3 different chargers.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Did you check the MD5 sum of the download to make sure it wasn't corrupted? What all are you wiping and formatting before installing the SlimRom and Slim_Gapps2? What baseband is your phone?

- - - Updated - - -

Did you check the MD5 sum of the download to make sure it wasn't corrupted? What all are you wiping and formatting before installing the SlimRom and Slim_Gapps2? What baseband is your phone?

videokid14

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm on zvd baseband. In wiping everything 4 times and formating and partitioning sdcard before install. Everything installs fine but when phone dies and reboots all apps are gone or sdcard doesn't mount on boot or something. Md5 sum is good.

tdodge68

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
NEWB here. I recently installed this ROM with the slim_gapps. I followed the instructions as posted. However, when the phone boots- I keep getting an error "Unfortunately, Android Keyboard (ASOP) has stopped." :'( Any ideas what the issue is.

I read in the post that this build was tested on "Kernel 23" and that you could also use "CAI kernels". Does this mean I have to install new or update the kernels on my phone? If so, how do I do this or can you point me to a direction that I should go to learn about doing this? Thank you in advance for any input or help with this.

Last edited: