[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Flashed last night, charged full around 8pm.
Did lots of browsing, not had Pandora yet (that's this afternoon)
Still at 64% battery
Interactive gov
122 min / 748 Max.
ZV9 radio updated
with wifi on all night (went to sleep great)
I originally had it to 806 Max and as I browsed I could literally watch the battery fade 1% every 5-10 min.
Like has been stated, every phone and user has different results.
But all in all, its much more responsive.
great work as usual!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: mrg666

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Had to toggle signature verification off in recovery to flash it. Here's the recovery log:
Code:
-- Installing: SDCARD:A/VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_06122012.zip
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:A/VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_06122012.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/A/VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_06122012.zip
I:2 key(s) loaded from /res/keys
Verifying update package...
I:Verified META-INF/CERT.RSA
I:Verified META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
I:Verified kernel/dump_image
E:Wrong digest:
  system/lib/modules/wireless.ko
I:verify_file returned 0
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Had to toggle signature verification off in recovery to flash it. Here's the recovery log:
Code:
-- Installing: SDCARD:A/VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_06122012.zip
I:Set boot command "boot-recovery"
Finding update package...
I:Update location: SDCARD:A/VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_06122012.zip
Opening update package...
I:Update file path: /sdcard/A/VM670_kernel_MiRaGe_06122012.zip
I:2 key(s) loaded from /res/keys
Verifying update package...
I:Verified META-INF/CERT.RSA
I:Verified META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
I:Verified kernel/dump_image
E:Wrong digest:
  system/lib/modules/wireless.ko
I:verify_file returned 0
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

That is normal and harmless. I didn't sign the kernel zip package.

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Oh, okay. Otherwise, everything is great. I'm getting stability at higher clocks, will check on the battery status to see if I get some improvements and report back.

Thank you!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Oh, okay. Otherwise, everything is great. I'm getting stability at higher clocks, will check on the battery status to see if I get some improvements and report back.

Thank you!

Please do your testing using the interactive governor. Thanks!

lattimorej1986

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Charged my phone too 100% then flashed the new kernel. Interactive governor 122/825. been going strong for almost 18 hrs, with 40% still left ( I have a 3600 mAH bat), no reboots, no lag, very responsive and smooth. I normally use ondemand governor, but think I've found my new (and improved) setting.

Also, durring these 18 hrs:
90 mins playing NFS shift
60 mins playing sniper vs sniper online
90 mins playing madden 12
45 mins of online poker
Downloaded approx 1 gig of music over wifi, and a 700 meg movie over 3g
30 mins of navigation
30 mins of pandora
Several hours of web browsing, both on wifi and 3g

Sturdy as a rock. No hiccups, reboots, excessive lag, or FCs.

Another winner mrg666.

Amazing what youve done for this phone. Makes me wonder how I ever managed to use this phone stock for 2 months...

Sent from my MiRaGe'D Optimus V

Last edited:

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

That's really odd, I didn't toggle signature an mine flashed fine?
Ran Pandora 3g for an hour an I'm about -92-95dbm at home.
Still on my charge from last night at 36%
IMO, I like holo launcher for ICS. It seems lighter than ADW themed out.

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So, question:
I've seen this error before, but I'm not sure what it is.
E:/ audiohardwaremsm72xx (71): parsing error audiofilter.csv
Its a lib file reference error, but what is it related to?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

That's really odd, I didn't toggle signature an mine flashed fine?
Ran Pandora 3g for an hour an I'm about -92-95dbm at home.
Still on my charge from last night at 36%
IMO, I like holo launcher for ICS. It seems lighter than ADW themed out.

signature check is turned off by default. Thanks for the Pandora feedback. Let's also see what Dannemand will say.

So, question:
I've seen this error before, but I'm not sure what it is.
E:/ audiohardwaremsm72xx (71): parsing error audiofilter.csv
Its a lib file reference error, but what is it related to?

That is probably a typo or invalid code in audiofilter.csv causing a read error. I will check it out but it seems to be a nonissue.

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

@Mrg666: My preliminary testing of your new kernel shows that you were absolutely correct: Interactive/122 runs fine so far, and I have not experienced the issues I had when I last tested this a few months ago, where it would get stuck at 122Mhz and refuse to scale up.

Specifically, I observed the the following:

1) GUI is no less responsive than it was before with SmartassV2/480 -- which is quite impressive considering the settings. I am not sure it is more responsive, but it was very smooth already.

2) It uses the entire register of CPU speeds effectively (as shown by CPU Spy) both during interaction and during streaming. It spends considerable time at the lower speeds -- which is exactly what we want in order to save battery, as long as it scales up promptly when needed.

3) It deep sleeps without hesitation.

I haven't tested exhaustively yet, but I will over the coming days. I did play Pandora while driving for about 30 mins, and will do some more tomorrow. One difference was I played through A2DP, which I couldn't do last time due to the duplicate Bluetooth address issue. This will have contributed to keep the phone at higher clockspeeds during streaming. Tomorrow I'll bring a cable so that I can test how low it drops, hopefully still without getting stuck.

Cannot say about battery life yet. I usually got 1.5-2 days on a charge before with 480 Min. This one has to be at least as good, considering it spends time at speeds below 480 Mhz.

Excellent work, as always!

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Thank you, Dannemand. Such a detailed testing ... this is great!

Edit: I bet you battery life will improve with 122 min. It did for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannemand

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Mrg, the kernel is super sweet, browsing, streaming video, music. I did notice that when I turned on wi fi it drained the battery approximately 10 to 12% in 15 minutes and it rebooted once when I tried to run benchmark. After that it settled in, I think the battery drain is due to the min setting I'm running on 480, I'm gonna try 122 and see what happens.

sent from my LS670 optimus V using inverted T.T.2

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

12% battery drain in 15 minutes and reboot are not normal. I would lower the maximum CPU frequency and check the runaway apps in the background.

Reactions: rebel69ization

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
@mrg, rebel: I assume the way interactive remains so responsive, even with a low Min setting, is by instantly ramping up to a high clockspeed (several steps up from idle), then gradually scale back down. Ondemand is the opposite (and Conservative extremely so) and hence not as responsive. Smartass in between.

A logical following would be that you want a low Min setting on Interactive (like 122) or it's gonna burn battery fast. With Ondemand and Smartass, 480 makes more sense.

Much of the reasoning behind 480 Min (and accompanying governors) is that since it's the highest speed before voltage starts increasing (which REALLY drains battery), better go straight to 480 instead of spending cycles polling and walking gradually up through the lower speeds: it's gonna be more responsive and use only a little more battery overall.

But with a sufficiently low min setting (like 122) and Interactive's more aggressive ramp-up, maybe a better balance can be found between battery usage and responsiveness.

Am I making sense? :eek:

Reactions: rebel69ization

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Looking at the CPU frequency stats below for the last 12 hours (the phone has been heavily used) and last 5 seconds, it seems that the new interactive governor is working ideally. The phone has bottomed at the minimum frequency most of the time and used mostly the maximum frequency when there was a CPU load. I think this also agrees with Dannemand's assessment. The last five seconds is also revealing that when there is just a light load, like collecting the frequency stats, the maximum frequency is not used as much. So it is not always shooting to the maximum frequency at any load.
screenshot1339633860825.png

cbucz24

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
That is probably a typo or invalid code in audiofilter.csv causing a read error. I will check it out but it seems to be a nonissue.

It does seem to not affecting anything, I was also using A2DP. I had the same errors on a bunch of the other roms I tried.
got notifications and calls perfectly, paused stream, then picked right back up.
New kernel is definitely an improvement in overall performance!
with my usage, I've never gotten 25hrs on a single charge with any rom. (22% an still going):thumbup:

morenoa48

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

OK, I tried the Elite for a few weeks...failed me miserably! Could not even compare to my trusty ol' OV running Mirage! I returned the Elite and came back to my OV, I have to say that this ROM is the best out by far! Thanks mrg666!

bigrickie77

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
been using the new kernel since yesterday. it's nice no problem with it on my phone. battery life is a big improvement. I use GPS daily for work and by lunch I would get the plug you're charger in message. used it all day today without having to charge so a steady 10 hours with talk text and maps.good job Mr.g.and thank you for you're time.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

OK, I tried the Elite for a few weeks...failed me miserably! Could not even compare to my trusty ol' OV running Mirage! I returned the Elite and came back to my OV, I have to say that this ROM is the best out by far! Thanks mrg666!

Really? The reviews I have read are usually good about Elite. Thanks for the comments and welcome back.

Reflashed the new kernel. Wifi is working fine now. No lag at 122 min.

I knew it. So which was it, the dog, the cat, or the popcorn? :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884