[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Look here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...all-things-root-guide-updated-03-11-13-a.html
I have compiled a very good list of kernels for the Gingerbread ROMs. I tried to make it a one stop repository of current good Guides, Recovery's, ROM, kernels, tweaks, and utilities.

Basically everything a rooted V user could want to know or need.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Look here: http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...all-things-root-guide-updated-03-11-13-a.html
I have compiled a very good list of kernels for the Gingerbread ROMs. I tried to make it a one stop repository of current good Guides, Recovery's, ROM, kernels, tweaks, and utilities.

Basically everything a rooted V user could want to know or need.

That is a great list/ guide. That is definitely going to be my new go-to for helping new ov users. Two things: the link under "root terminology" mentions the app who shall not be named (Rom Manager) and actually recommends it to new users. Second, I like Leslie Ann's 2012 Optimus V reference guide, though the roms are out of date. It's well written and helpful. Maybe you can include a link to it?

Thanks for putting that post together. It's really solid.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

That is a great list/ guide. That is definitely going to be my new go-to for helping new ov users. Two things: the link under "root terminology" mentions the app who shall not be named (Rom Manager) and actually recommends it to new users. Second, I like Leslie Ann's 2012 Optimus V reference guide, though the roms are out of date. It's well written and helpful. Maybe you can include a link to it?

Thanks for putting that post together. It's really solid.

I helped a Moderator put it together originally. Then populated it when I was a guide. Then inherited it back a few weeks ago. I've been cleaning it up and updating everything the last few weeks.
It's pretty much taken me over a year to get everything in it.

I'll double check the root terminology section. ROM Manager is really a good utility as long as you don't try to use the recovery or download and install the old gingerbread ROMs it has listed.
See same link/Guides/The Truth About ROM Manager.
I only use it to manage my backups. I can set it to auto backup my current ROM at given intervals. I can even select to backup current ROM and name it/select ok, then come back in 5-7 minutes with the ROM backed up, named to whatever I chose, and the phone booted into the system. And that's using the ZenGarden recovery.

I look at the thread from LeslieAnn as well.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Deleted "root terminology" till I can get thread author to delete references to using the recovery in ROM Manager.
Added factory reset warning.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Somehow got overlooked while trying to make sure everything else was up to date (that's a serious amount of info to keep updated) Even had to make a new Guide to replace old outdated info in one of the Guides.

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Deleted "root terminology" till I can get thread author to delete references to using the recovery in ROM Manager.
Added factory reset warning.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Somehow got overlooked while trying to make sure everything else was up to date (that's a serious amount of info to keep updated) Even had to make a new Guide to replace old outdated info in one of the Guides.

That was the only error I saw. The rest of it is all really good stuff. Thanks for your hard work there!

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I have updated MiRaGe. The download link and credits for the 03122013 build are available in the OP.

- synced with CM 7.2 repo, you can see the detailed changes following the link to CM repo in the OP
- updated the kernel with 03082013 build, you can see the detailed changes following the link to my github repo in the OP
- updated Holo Launcher

Enjoy!

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (03122013)

You the man.
Will download and flash when 3G is at it's peak where I live.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Ok guys, i'll get the hang of this soon, i promise.

Since i'm already running Mirage 1292013 with the 03082013 kernel, what do i need to do in zengarden recovery to flash 03122013 mirage and do i need to flash gapps again?

Sorry for still being a noob, i don't want to mess this up, best my phone been in 2years
Thanks guys!

Havin a brain fart tryin to remember all this stuff!

Last edited:

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Make a nandroid first. When upgrading a rom, you can usually get away with just wiping cache and dalvik. Then flash the rom and gapps. When you boot it up, all of your data and apps should be intact. If you run into problems, you may need to try it again with a full wipe.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Make a nandroid first. When upgrading a rom, you can usually get away with just wiping cache and dalvik. Then flash the rom and gapps. When you boot it up, all of your data and apps should be intact. If you run into problems, you may need to try it again with a full wipe.

Thank you so much. I'm gonna have to wait to get to a wifi hotspot 3g is super slow today.

Thanks again! :)

tli

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

... i'm already running Mirage 1292013 with the 03082013 kernel, what do i need to do in zengarden recovery to flash 03122013 mirage and do i need to flash gapps again? ...

It's the same procedure as when you'd BACKside--just wipe cache and Dalvik cache, then flash the new version, and no need to reflash Gapp. This is what I've done, and never had any issue. If you're using Link2SD, then follow mrg666's suggestions in post #3.

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

@upconvert
tli
bjzapp
Mrg666
AndyOpie150
And names i can't remember "(brainfart again) " ... THANK YOU ALL! for being so helpful, couldn't do it without you guys;).

Last edited:

ski522

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

EDIT: Never mind, forgot to check it off in the Language/Keyboard settings...That's what happens when you haven't had your first cup of coffee in the morning...brain cramps ;)!

Okay...decided to give the ROM a go, but I'm having a heck of a time install Swype. The beta Swype installer downloads and runs and actually shows it installing swype, but it never gets installed. Not sure what the problem is. Did a clean install when I installed the ROM and checked off "Uknown Sources" but it just refuses to install. Even tried to restore a backup copy fo Swype from my other ROM and that didn't work either.

Is there some other security setting I'm missing that needs to set?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

You ought to try having fibromialgia (can't even spell it). When it's really bad all the muscle around my skull are on fire, even my eyelid muscles.

Give me brain cramps, I can handle those.lol

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

im using link2sd with a fat partion, Is there an advantage to changing that to ext3 or 4?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Most Froyo ROMs need a FAT32 partition. The Gingerbread ROMs, some ICS ROMs, and the Jellybean ROMs all work best with a ext.4 formatted partition.
It will also protect data from becoming corrupt better.

java007

May 1, 2011
Visit site

All of them loaded after several reboots, and I still have 50 megabytes available on internal storage. I have cleared out some of them, but phone is running fine and speedy.

Can you point me to the direct link process? Not sure how to do that. I'm fairly new to this.

sent from my Ginger Cream Rover using Tapatalk

Similar situation here. All the icons showed up after the first reboot, but multiple link2sd relinking/rebooting cycles were needed to get them all operational again. All appears well, but this might be a good time to do some spring cleaning and delete some apps :)

badblue1__

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys, friday i did a fresh flash of MiRaGe and gapps. It was running great until today, it keeps rebooting. I turned cpu down to 245 and 600 with interactive gov. Rebooted twice and left it at those settings, but it's still rebooting on it's own. Anyone have any ideas to what i should do?

Thanks in advance.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards