[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this is almost becoming a farewell party, just as the guys are getting it going in the Kit Kat thread for Optimus S.

I am in the same situation: My wife and I had OVs on the $25 plan for almost three years, most of that time on Mirage. We've had many great devs working on this little phone-that-could, but Mrg666 really made a work of art in this ROM, with his incredible attention to detail and performance. Everything just works. Thanks a lot, man!

My wife and I just got Nexus 5 phones yesterday. She got the white Panda model; boy, is that thing stunning to behold AND to touch. We activated hers on the $30 T-Mobile plan today and expect to activate mine within a week - though I'm considering Ting instead, since T-mo is weak here, and I work from home.

I'll keep this thread on my Tapatalk subscription list, but mostly it's goodbye to the OV forum, and thanks for all the fish!

skeeterfood

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow, this is almost becoming a farewell party, just as the guys are getting it going in the Kit Kat thread for Optimus S.

I am in the same situation: My wife and I had OVs on the $25 plan for almost three years, most of that time on Mirage. We've had many great devs working on this little phone-that-could, but Mrg666 really made a work of art in this ROM, with his incredible attention to detail and performance. Everything just works. Thanks a lot, man!

My wife and I just got Nexus 5 phones yesterday. She got the white Panda model; boy, is that thing stunning to behold AND to touch. We activated hers on the $30 T-Mobile plan today and expect to activate mine within a week - though I'm considering Ting instead, since T-mo is weak here, and I work from home.

I'll keep this thread on my Tapatalk subscription list, but mostly it's goodbye to the OV forum, and thanks for all the fish!

My wife also got the panda N5. We went with Straight Talk's $45 unlimited (2.5Gb) plan on AT&T's network, since T-Mobile isn't available in Eastern Iowa due to iWireless.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dannemand

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
My wife also got the panda N5. We went with Straight Talk's $45 unlimited (2.5Gb) plan on AT&T's network, since T-Mobile isn't available in Eastern Iowa due to iWireless.

I know what you mean - and we may end up doing the same, my wife in case the 100 mins don't work, and I in case coverage is too poor. But the 5GB LTE on the T-Mobile plan is very attractive.

Ting is attractive because we're in one of the (still few) markets with Sprint Spark (using multiple LTE bands simultaneously, which N5 supports) AND because it could be even less than $30 in some months.

OK, I think we'll have to take this discussion elsewhere ;-)

jamoosh

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

Hi guys,
Thanks so much for the information. If it will be an exceeding involving process with potential legal implications, I will probably skip it for my own sanity.
I had this idea in my head, that it would be something very simple and easy and legal.
Thanks again for your all of the help. You guys in this thread are really great!

First you need to check with Spint to see if they will allow the V to be used on their network. If their ok with it post back and we will see what we can do.

Ls670 patch is for converting the MiRaGe ROM for running on Optimus S. It is not for converting Optimus V to Optimus S. You have to do the phone conversion separetely using different methods. Based on my experience, the effort of phone conversion is not worth the result.

Sprint will never agree with using OV. A Sprint ESN transplant from a donor Sprint phone is required and I am not sure it is legal.

Anaitha Mous

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site

Flashed my OV with this one yesterday. Had a few hiccups and had to retrace my steps a few times but in the end it all worked out. Gingerbreak zip file links on the xda forum are incorrect, had to get the actual gingerbreak file elsewhere. Nice work here mrg and thanks to everybody for their tips on this thresd.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Flashed my OV with this one yesterday. Had a few hiccups and had to retrace my steps a few times but in the end it all worked out. Gingerbreak zip file links on the xda forum are incorrect, had to get the actual gingerbreak file elsewhere. Nice work here mrg and thanks to everybody for their tips on this thresd.
The correct Gingerbreak.apk links are actually in the second post.The ones in the first post are just for developers.

VipT

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this awesome rom. As the kitkat rom is very much in an alpha stage, I'll be using this for a while.

A couple questions though...

- Is it possible to create shortcuts to custom overclock profiles somehow? One for general use, and one for boosting games a little.
- And... how hard would it be to port this rom to a device like the slightly newer strait-talk 'Optimus Q'? The only decent overclock rom for that model is full of bloat, has little battery life, and requires weekly user maintenance.

yaconsult

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for this awesome rom. As the kitkat rom is very much in an alpha stage, I'll be using this for a while.

A couple questions though...

- Is it possible to create shortcuts to custom overclock profiles somehow? One for general use, and one for boosting games a little.
- And... how hard would it be to port this rom to a device like the slightly newer strait-talk 'Optimus Q'? The only decent overclock rom for that model is full of bloat, has little battery life, and requires weekly user maintenance.

It looks like you can do it with tasker: Tasker: CPU Control Tasker is a terrific phone automation app that currently sells for $2.99. Give it a google and see all the kinds of things you can do with it.

You could create a shortcut to change the speed, or you could make a profile that would do it automatically when you ran any of a list of programs you pick. You can also have it set the speed back when the game exits.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
VipT:
If the screen density is the same then your good to go. Our V has an mdpi screen.
More info if the screen is the same.

Posted via Android Central App

VipT

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Wait, if the mdpi is the same...

Does 'good to go' mean that it should be capable of being ported, OR that it is actually installable now?

The phone is mdpi @ 160.

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
VipT:
thewraith420 is correct.
Read this: [GUIDE] How I port - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
The other things you will need are the Android SDK with the platform and platform-tools folders (path to the adb.exe has to be set in your environmental variables folder), and APK-Multi-Tool (this is for extracting, decompiling, editing, recompiling, and compressing the framework.jar file).
Read the Guide over a few times to get a better understanding of what your going to have to do.
The hardest part is just finding the right host ROM and kernel combination.
You might have to edit the build prop a little too, but it isn't that hard.
Should only take you from one to two weeks to get everything working properly (most is just trial and error).
If you need more help, Please start a new thread.

VipT

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Okay. I've compiled custom kernels for Debian, Slackware, and Arch before, but I figured it wouldn't be that simple.

Thanks for the tips. Off I go.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Okay. I've compiled custom kernels for Debian, Slackware, and Arch before, but I figured it wouldn't be that simple.

Thanks for the tips. Off I go.
if there's already a custom rom with overclock you can most likely use their kernel (or its source code) straight up without modifications. that'll help.
anything else, Ill post in your new thread.
you're starting in the right place, mirage rom is definitely the go-to gingerbread rom for the LG-**670 phones, for daily use or porting.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe