[ROM] Light Speed

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
It seems like there's a problem with the AOSP download; I've tried downloading it, like, 5 times, and it stops each time.

I'm pretty sure it isn't my internet, as I've downloaded plenty of things that are larger than this ROM with absolutely no problems.

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I d/l this Rom from at least 5 different locations at least 12 times. It worked fine for me.

Also, for all those who liked my sense rendition of light speed, I'm updating that tonight.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I d/l this Rom from at least 5 different locations at least 12 times. It worked fine for me.

Also, for all those who liked my sense rendition of light speed, I'm updating that tonight.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

I FINALLY got it to work today. I guess for some reason the phone did not like going from Virtuous to Light Speed. I tried out Redemption Rom, and it had a few issues with Gmail I didn't like so I tried to go back to virtuous, only to find out it wouldn't Apparently, the phone didn't like my nandroid backup. Kept saying MD5 didn't match or something. Anyway, I decided to try to install the zip of lightspeed that has been on my SD card for a while now. It's the same one I tried before but kept giving me errors in recovery. Well, it works now, and I do like it, but my only complaint is the missing battery percentage in the battery icon. I know it's minor, but that is one thing I really liked about most custom ROMs.

My only question is, how to I update it. After reading the forum here, I do believe I have an older version. Do I redownload the file or is there a way to update OTA? Not sure if I have a version with camera issues or not from way back when before you posted it was fixed.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
What kernel do you suggest goes best with it, other than what you included? I have liked Kings #5 because it seems to be great for battery life. Do you suggest I don't try this and stick with what you've installed?

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
OK. Thanks. The only issue I'm having is my gmail. It keeps telling me I have new messages. I check them on the phone, even delete them but the phone doesn't register that with gmail. The messages are gone on my phone, but still showing on the website as unread. Is this an issue with my gmail settings or my rom? I don't think it is the rom as it was doing the same thing with redemption. Its really bothering me. Any help would be appreciated.

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
OK. Thanks. The only issue I'm having is my gmail. It keeps telling me I have new messages. I check them on the phone, even delete them but the phone doesn't register that with gmail. The messages are gone on my phone, but still showing on the website as unread. Is this an issue with my gmail settings or my rom? I don't think it is the rom as it was doing the same thing with redemption. Its really bothering me. Any help would be appreciated.

I'll look into that, although I literally never saw this problem in my life...I'm currently looking at a gingerbread build that I want to release later, so look out for jdgingerbread (I may shorten that to jdginger)

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI on the gmail settings issues I was having. Not sure how it started but I know how I ended it. Since gmail was pissing me off, I downloaded maildroid and set up my gmail with that. Under the settings there was an option about deleting emails. It was checked leave on server when deleted on phone. I checked it so that both were synced together now. When I delete on the phone, it deletes on the server. Now it seems to be fixed in the native gmail app. Again strange. I'll let you know if this truly fixes it, but nobody really emails me at 2 am!

By the way, why are we forced to view conversation mode on our phones? I HATE it. I'm glad I can view it normally on the computer. Just wish they would fix that on the phone. Glad I did try maildroid. I was using K9 for my comcast mail, but I think I really like maildroid much better, except for the ads.

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
318sugarhill, im up at 2am, ill email ya next time lol, all i was doing was watching jackass and tweeting about my gingerbread rom.....but serioisly ill look at a fix

Sent from my ARD6300 using Tapatalk

RSRcholo

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I had this rom when I was trying to factory restore my tablet when I forgot to unroot. I tried turning it off and now when it is turned on it displays a screen asking for a password. Anyone have any idea what the password is? I've tried the reset button at the button, I cant reset via settings and I cant reset via recovery. The geeksquad guy said it could be reset from the inside any idea how?

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this rom when I was trying to factory restore my tablet when I forgot to unroot. I tried turning it off and now when it is turned on it displays a screen asking for a password. Anyone have any idea what the password is? I've tried the reset button at the button, I cant reset via settings and I cant reset via recovery. The geeksquad guy said it could be reset from the inside any idea how?

Tablet? This ROM is for the Droid Incredible and will not work on any tablet. Not sure what you're looking for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid