[ROM] Light Speed

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
That isn't actually that surprising. Each individual phone responds to custom rom's and kernels individually. For example, I am running skyraider 3.3 with a hydra kernel, but my brother in law's phone gets really choppy and unstable with the same setup and mine runs like a race car. It happens...

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
That isn't actually that surprising. Each individual phone responds to custom rom's and kernels individually. For example, I am running skyraider 3.3 with a hydra kernel, but my brother in law's phone gets really choppy and unstable with the same setup and mine runs like a race car. It happens...
This is true.

i liturally tried all day to port CM6 to the DROID X all day, so forgive me for lack of updates.

k_chupe

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Just installed and i cannot get Backup Assist to open in the setup menu...any suggestions..already restarted twice

Use google backup, it's better. You can use it on any smart phone. I rely on it heavily as I have 260 contacts and seem to always test roms. Try it and you'll be convinced! ;-)

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Use google backup, it's better. You can use it on any smart phone. I rely on it heavily as I have 260 contacts and seem to always test roms. Try it and you'll be convinced! ;-)

Tried to find the one for contacts....could you help me out with a link

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Help....cannot find, will switch back to this ROM if i can sync all my contacts

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Have you gotten your computer fixed? Can't wait to see the improvements you make in the AOSP Light Speed ROM.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Is there someplace else to download it from? Maybe I'm getting a bad download. I cannot get it to stop the error in recovery and I cannot get it to load. Everytime I try, not only does it not load, it complety erases the data in my current ROm, and reloads the current ROM like a factory reset!

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! I've been a bit quiet lately. Reason is that I first and foremost do not have my Linux pc (I'm reduced to a 8 year old windows xp pc) and if I don't have my Linux, that means no code writing or compiling, and also, I have been trying to find better hosting for my site, because wordpress without plugins and no zip uploading functionality sucks.

Anyway, I'm going to tell you what I have in store for light speed:
Aosp rom ported from nexus, not compiled from source (cam works perfectly)
Black status bar (thanks geo411m)
Some sense icons

Sense will probably be re-based on desire HD sense or the htc merge rom.
Sense will probably get a toolbox app (going to work on it when I get my Linux back)
Sense may be slightly re-themed.

So far, I m finishing up with the aosp rom and I am currently, as I type this, am working on the sense version.

And I will check the link...you are the third person to tell me that the link was down.

And I don't include vvm or backup assistant, but I will include an add-on for it

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and I also I do have some ideas for a custom kernel in the works. I obviously can't compile it right now, because I am typing this from an iPad (eek eek....lol I hate the iPad, I am at a friends house and he likes it, so I have to bring this bulky POS with me all the time) and I can't compile it from windows, but here's an Idea of what I want to put into the kernel when I do get my laptop back:

Svs
Uv
Bfs
Bfq
Slub unqueued allocator
Gpu+
Based off the newest source
Possibly patched up, but maybe not at first
NO smartass governor, between svs and uv your battery will be fine

_JKK_

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I'd like to see more focus on the ROMs. I think that the kernels area is pretty nicely covered at the moment.

But hey, prove me wrong!

jdkoreclipse

Banned
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Aosp version is done. Sense will be done tonight-ish. Kernel and toolbox app have not been developed yet, so they won't be in the next release....so we are waiting on sense.

Also, my real development will start up when I get my laptop back, possibly Monday or Tuesday of this week, so please stay tuned for that.

Also, I am working on making my new site, so things will be hectic there for a bit, but I can assure you that I have not forgotten about these roms and more focus will be put into them once I get my laptop back

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Very nice. I might give it a run. Gonna post in the ROM & MODS HQ for ya!

Edit: Mclarryjr already did it for me. Posted a pic though so others can see this baby.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I might give this a try. Im using lou's redemptive revolution and its running real smooth so far. I'll prob try it over the next few days.

One thing I think that will get more people to try it out is a bunch of themes, whether custom or ported.

This is true. First thing I started to look for. I'm not a fan of the light blue theme. Just my opinion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid