[ROM] Official CM10 Nightlies on your GS3!

IAmToddCarter

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been on the 0917 nightly and it is running really well. No data drops like others are describing. The only that that is glitches are the call volume is quite loud and using the keypad during a call. I did see a workaround for the keypad problem though - reboot and don't use the pause or wait functions (which I have built into one of my favorites).

I have been having all the similar associated problems with screen blackouts, lag, etc. I had the 10-03 version installed which won't even load and get data/reception anymore. I just spent the last 2-3 hours reinstalling roms and using restoring to my backup. I have just now installed the 10-17 version, but you're all saying go back to the 9-17 nightly?

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I am just dumbfounded right now....this ROM has been absolutely horrible today. Froze twice had to reboot. Anyone have any ideas for me?? My only guess that would cause it is the dirty flash I did for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I am just dumbfounded right now....this ROM has been absolutely horrible today. Froze twice had to reboot. Anyone have any ideas for me?? My only guess that would cause it is the dirty flash I did for it.

I didn't dirty flash and still had glitches..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I have been having all the similar associated problems with screen blackouts, lag, etc. I had the 10-03 version installed which won't even load and get data/reception anymore. I just spent the last 2-3 hours reinstalling roms and using restoring to my backup. I have just now installed the 10-17 version, but you're all saying go back to the 9-17 nightly?

If you could, let us know how 1017 is doing...

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I want this rom to work so bad... I really like this rom, just don't want the glitches.

Me too....also I've had the glitch with every aosp ROM where if someone calls me the voice is all loud and crackly....very hard to hear...is their a fix?

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I just read on Google + that cm10 added functions to the notification area. You will be able to touch the clock to get to clock settings. You will be able to touch the day to get to the calendar. Pretty cool! They didn't say which nightly it will be on. Let's hope they fixed the glitches too.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Me too....also I've had the glitch with every aosp ROM where if someone calls me the voice is all loud and crackly....very hard to hear...is their a fix?

VRLHE Modum is out. I flashed it this morning. Everything seems good.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
There also was an update for Nova launcher for 4.1.2 in the Play Store. It made a big difference. I had noticed that before this update everything felt a little choppy no it feels fast and smooth again.

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
You can flash this zip in recovery. No need to do any wipes, just flashed it and reboot. When I rebooted after the flash my phone paused a couple seconds when rebooting then started rebooting again and everything was cool.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I just read on Google + that cm10 added functions to the notification area. You will be able to touch the clock to get to clock settings. You will be able to touch the day to get to the calendar. Pretty cool! They didn't say which nightly it will be on. Let's hope they fixed the glitches too.

On the past few nightlies Ive noticed some screen flickering and glitching at certain instances. Usually having to do with video, like in Youtube when I adjust the volume. Also some of it when using Instagram to edit pictures taking from the gallery.

However as far as the pulldown enhancements are concerned, those are a fact. It for sure makes the pulldown more functional. Though lately Ive been wishing for the ability to put the notification bar at the bottom...the SG3 is sooo long =)

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
On the past few nightlies Ive noticed some screen flickering and glitching at certain instances. Usually having to do with video, like in Youtube when I adjust the volume. Also some of it when using Instagram to edit pictures taking from the gallery.

However as far as the pulldown enhancements are concerned, those are a fact. It for sure makes the pulldown more functional. Though lately Ive been wishing for the ability to put the notification bar at the bottom...the SG3 is sooo long =)

I had the volume glitch happen also watching YouTube. Last night and today so far has been good though... No glitches. :D

jlibis

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
You can flash this zip in recovery. No need to do any wipes, just flashed it and reboot. When I rebooted after the flash my phone paused a couple seconds when rebooting then started rebooting again and everything was cool.

Does it actually get rid of the bugs such as crackling and such?

gregurbo1

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Does it actually get rid of the bugs such as crackling and such?

I can't say if it does or not, I haven't had them issues... I did read that flashing modems can be a different experience for everyone, due to factors with signal strength, weather etc....All I can suggest is try it and if it's better, cool.. If it's worse you can always flash back to G7 or whatever your baseband is.

scraptacular

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

It seems like going back a month might help since some of these problems appear to be recent. Although moving backward instead of forward definitely feels wrong...