[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Really? I'm only getting about 14-15 hours out of mine with the extended battery too. :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It's been posted numerous times here on how to extend the battery life a bit and it could never get old to repeat them as these can get lost easily here, with that said here it goes.

1. Charge your battery overnight (leave it on in airplane mode)

2. In the morning reboot into Clocworkmod Recovery and in -Advanced
Wipe Dalvik Cashe
Wipe Battery Stats
go back to main page, now this you might not have to do but hey your there, just have at it and Wipe cache partition.

3. Turn off GPS (I mean really do you need this on ALL the time?)

4. Facebook and twitter apps -- Set notifications in Facebook for every 2 hours, Twitter apps vary (There's so many!) I just turned it off, whenever I look up tweets they automatically refresh so it varies. (Might want to do that to Facebook too)

5. SetCpu settings- try 300 - 1000 for main (if your not overclocking)
300 - 600 when screen off (apps need some juice and if you got this at 300 - 300 when screen is off they can force close on you)

6. Underclocking- you can if you want with various apps out there and in terminal on the latest roms. My personal opinion is that you don't really need to and this could probably lead to issues. (don't hate on me now guys)

7. 3G - This is a main culprit and it does the most battery use of them all (more than gaming) when ever possible use the WIFI (Pandora anyone?)
So please if I missed anything (and you know I did) chime in and share your knowledge!!

Last edited:

dvader

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
It's been posted numerous times here on how to extend the battery life a bit and it could never get old to repeat them as these can get lost easily here, with that said here it goes.

1. Charge your battery overnight (leave it on in airplane mode)

2. In the morning reboot into Clocworkmod Recovery and in -Advanced
Wipe Dalvik Cashe
Wipe Battery Stats
go back to main page, now this you might not have to do but hey your there, just have at it and Wipe cache partition.

3. Turn off GPS (I mean really do you need this on ALL the time?)

4. Facebook and twitter apps -- Set notifications in Facebook for every 2 hours, Twitter apps vary (There's so many!) I just turned it off, whenever I look up tweets they automatically refresh so it varies. (Might want to do that to Facebook too)

5. SetCpu settings- try 300 - 1000 for main (if your not overclocking)
300 - 600 when screen off (apps need some juice and if you got this at 300 - 300 when screen is off they can force close on you)

6. Underclocking- you can if you want with various apps out there and in terminal on the latest roms. My personal opinion is that you don't really need to and this could probably lead to issues. (don't hate on me now guys)

7. 3G - This is a main culprit and it does the most battery use of them all (more than gaming) when ever possible use the WIFI (Pandora anyone?)
So please if I missed anything (and you know I did) chime in and share your knowledge!!

I don't do any of this and I easily get a full days use out of my phone.
You don't need to turn off the GPS, it only runs when it needs to and then shuts itself off.

and if you have to turn off ANY of the features of the phone to get it to work, then it's not worth having in the 1st place.

The only thing i actively turn on and off is the bluetooth because I only use it on occasion.
and the screen brightness which imo is the biggest battery drain,
i leave it on 10% indoors and if i go outside and need to see, i have a toggle widget that turns it up to 100% and then of course toggle back to 10% when i'm done.
the auto brightness feature will drain the battery faster.

wormeyman

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
...The only thing i actively turn on and off is the bluetooth because I only use it on occasion.
and the screen brightness which imo is the biggest battery drain,
i leave it on 10% indoors and if i go outside and need to see, i have a toggle widget that turns it up to 100% and then of course toggle back to 10% when i'm done.
the auto brightness feature will drain the battery faster.

I use power controll plus widget, and have the 3 step brightness toggle 0%, 30%, and 60% (brightness %) i save a ton of battery and can use it indoors or outdoors.

JimElNino

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, I just installed this ROM and so far it's working very well, but I can't seem to get anything to install from Liberty Toolbox. I've tried FM Radio, Blur Camera, and different themes and none of them have worked. Am I possibly missing something?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bald Steve

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
+3 Same here. Incredible battery life, I keep looking and wondering "is that right"? Amazing.

Ha - Me, too. After a full day yesterday using Nav, email, TXT, web, the usual mayhem, I looked at it as I plugged it in around 2:00 am and the readout was at 60% (!). I got up at 10:00 am. I keep thinking it can't be right, but I'm seeing these results every day. Just ridiculous.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
For those that say they get incredible battery, how often are you using your phone? And besides the obvious things that are recommended online to save battery, what are you doing to increase the life (underclocking, screen brightness, etc)?

Of course battery life is subjective...but we are saying the battery life is BETTER with this Rom. That means that we, in our everyday use of the phone, have decided that the Rom has increased the life of the battery. That's not subjective at all...we're using the phones the same way we always have and we've noticed that it lasts longer.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, I just installed this ROM and so far it's working very well, but I can't seem to get anything to install from Liberty Toolbox. I've tried FM Radio, Blur Camera, and different themes and none of them have worked. Am I possibly missing something?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Look in your sd card and find Liberty/downloads. Your files your trying to flash should be in there. Erase them. Then go back and give it another try.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Anybody have any idea why i have two speaker icons? i did a full wipe when i installed 1.5 over 1.0.

liberty-1-5-double-speaker-icon.jpg

Hey Wormey, where you able to get this worked out?

JimElNino

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
Look in your sd card and find Liberty/downloads. Your files your trying to flash should be in there. Erase them. Then go back and give it another try.

There's nothing in my downloads folder, nor my install_complete folder. I've also tried uninstalling Liberty Toolbox and installing it from the Market.

It almost seems like nothing is actually downloading when I do these things, if I download something should it be in either of the above mentioned folders, even temporarily?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I am using Advanced Quick Clock and setCPU as well am over clocked at 1236.
When you was in the quickclock settings , Menu button>load profile>select the one you which " I picked "balanced" profile>calulate.
It doesnt change anything ? :confused:

My setCPU shows the same as quickclock after my setCPU shows 1236 max 300 min
I used to have the DX.... Uninstall the setCPU , turn the phone off and on , and go from there... (even though you purchased it, you can still get it back for free if you want..) .. this worked for me... There was a conflict *dont know why* between setCPU and the kernel you are using.

Let me know if this helps :) click my thanks button

Last edited:
Reactions: davidnc

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Actually I removed setcpu because with advanced quickclock it wasnt really needed also.Those where my setttings on liberty1.5.

I am now on rubiX 2.0 and have gone to stock speeds,same benchmarked when overclocked when liberty was installed.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Actually I removed setcpu because with advanced quickclock it wasnt really needed also.Those where my setttings on liberty1.5.

I am now on rubiX 2.0 and have gone to stock speeds,same benchmarked when overclocked when liberty was installed.
benchmarks cant always be trusted :) but for most rooted phones, if your using a kernel that controls the clock, you don't need setCPU.

opjones

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Really the fastest and most responsive ROM for the X that I've tried. I was having video problems on 1.5, so I went back to stock for a while, over to rubx, then to apex and now back on liberty. My video problems are not there now and once you get back onto liberty you really realize how fast it is. Love this ROM.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar experience gong from Liberty to Apex then back to Liberty. Issues I had with the Moto media gallery are gone, and I even got blur clipboard app to install properly.

I anxious to see if the creators of Liberty will be able to bake Gingerbread into their ROM now that we can (supposedly) update the kernel.