[ROM][Repost][06/05/11] Comm ROM 2.1 (UKB) from TSM **Updated 06/20/11**

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][Repost][06/05/11] Comm ROM 2.1 (UKB) from TSM **Updated

Thank you for your suggestions. In fact I will do this.

In the mean time---between posts, I thought an app may be causing the headaches. So I deleted them all except handcent, rom manager, Ti and back up pro. It's been a couple of hours, hasn't locked yet, but typically only 1-2 times a day. Will keep yall posted, and thanks again for your comments.

If it locks again I will step by step your advice.

While you're at it you can get rid of rom manager. It doesn't work for the Fascinate.

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

So far, having this up for a few days now, I've not had any issues whatsoever.

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

ok, I have ran into a problem...

I wanted to transfer some pics to my phone, but I don't get any mass storage options. In fact, the USB settings option is completely greyed out, and I cannot choose anything from the phone. Any idea?

Allsack

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Unplug the usb cable. Then choose notify on connect. Connect then choose mass storage. Worked for me.

Reactions: F34R

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

Ok, I unplugged the cord, can choose media, mass storage, or ask. Either option ask, or mass storage, and the phone still doesn't show up as a drive when choosing Mass Storage.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Ok, I unplugged the cord, can choose media, mass storage, or ask. Either option ask, or mass storage, and the phone still doesn't show up as a drive when choosing Mass Storage.

Make sure USB debugging is checked under menu=>settings=>applications=>development, plug the phone into the usb and reboot phone while the phone is connected to the computer with the usb cable. If that doesn't fix it, do the same but reboot your computer instead of the phone.

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

Thanks guys... LS, the reboot of the phone while connected did the trick. Thanks a TON!

smashnlc82

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

hey guys im running UKG 2.1 -50 pbj with voodoo launcher pro theme which is great minus the few issues others are having how ever I wanted to know the major diffrences between UKB 2.0 with OTB 1.5 Voodoo Kernel also I flashed ( - 50 PBJ ) on my PC but the 1.5 OTB was downloaded via my browser from my fascinate. it is not currently on my SD card however im sure that I can use the file manager move cut copy and paste onto the SD then boot into recovery and flash it there ??? is this possible please help!!

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

hey guys im running UKG 2.1 -50 pbj with voodoo launcher pro theme which is great minus the few issues others are having how ever I wanted to know the major diffrences between UKB 2.0 with OTB 1.5 Voodoo Kernel also I flashed ( - 50 PBJ ) on my PC but the 1.5 OTB was downloaded via my browser from my fascinate. it is not currently on my SD card however im sure that I can use the file manager move cut copy and paste onto the SD then boot into recovery and flash it there ??? is this possible please help!!

The almost complete lack of punctuation makes this a little hard to follow, but let me see if I can help. It sounds like you're saying that you're running the -50 pbj kernel and you would like to switch to the OTB 1.5 kernel. The main difference between the two is that the OTB kernel isn't already undervolted. You have to use the voltage control app to adjust the voltage to something that works for your phone. Other than that, you won't notice a ton of difference on the front end, unless pbj is giving you trouble and OTB clears tht up. To answer the second part, if you have the OTB 1.5 zip on your PC, yes, you can connect your Fascinate and put the zip on your SD card to flash in recovery.

swenpro

May 10, 2011
Visit site

UPDATE: After having UKB 2.0 with PBJ -50 and ED04 installed and running stable for one month, it froze last night, and consistently entered force close loops upon boot. I was trying to show some photos to my friends, kind of embarrassing.

Anyway, several hours later I have now finished a fresh install from DL01, OTAs to ED04, to UKB 2.1 with ComaVolt. I hope this will be more stable.

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Help...I flashed back to stock because of the missed call issue.....VZW was no help....they basically deleted my google voice and told me that would take care of the probelm. But now I need to get back to UKB 2.1

From stock,
I odined CWM 3.0 all I am getting is blue recovery.

After I odin 3.0 I am supposed to flash 2.0, let it fully boot then flash 2.1

Did I do something wrong?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Help...I flashed back to stock because of the missed call issue.....VZW was no help....they basically deleted my google voice and told me that would take care of the probelm. But now I need to get back to UKB 2.1

From stock,
I odined CWM 3.0 all I am getting is blue recovery.

After I odin 3.0 I am supposed to flash 2.0, let it fully boot then flash 2.1

Did I do something wrong?

Did you fully reboot the phone after ODINing CWM? Or did you three finger boot straight into recovery?

Reactions: putney1477

putney1477

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Did you fully reboot the phone after ODINing CWM? Or did you three finger boot straight into recovery?

I let it boot...Thats where I made my mistake. Realized it after I posted....I didnt' even have time to edit my post.

you guys and gals are awesome!
thanks for all the help.

mm247

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

How do you go from UKB 2.0 with -50pbj to UKB 2.1 with Comavolt. I can't see the option for Comavolt in the OP. Am I missing the post of it somewhere?

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

How do you go from UKB 2.0 with -50pbj to UKB 2.1 with Comavolt. I can't see the option for Comavolt in the OP. Am I missing the post of it somewhere?

There is no Comm ROM with ComaVolt included. You have to flash that kernel separately. You can find the ComaVolt kernel in JaeKar99's Themes, ROMs, kernels thread here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...s-roms-kernels-boot-animations-7-17-11-a.html

You can place the Comm ROM 2.1 patch and the ComaVolt kernel on your sd card, boot to CWM, flash both, reboot phone, and you will be good to go.

Reactions: mm247

Goldkirby

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

I noticed that in OTB 1.6, my phone never goes into the 100 mHz state even though it is enabled. Lowest it stays in is 200 mHz. I am using Android System info to look at this info. Anyone else have this problem?

islanq

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

I noticed that in OTB 1.6, my phone never goes into the 100 mHz state even though it is enabled. Lowest it stays in is 200 mHz. I am using Android System info to look at this info. Anyone else have this problem?

I think it's an issue w/ OTB v1.6 kernel. I noticed w/ v1.5 CPU Spy would accurately shows my enabled steps ONLY after changing the allow / do not allow in advanced Voltage Control. However, v1.6 seems to have a mind of it's own. Thus, resulting in disabled steps showing up (being used) in CPU Spy and enabled steps never appears.

Note: I also have noticed that conservative CPU gov doesn't go above 1000Mhz EVER in CPU spy. I'm stuck using On Demand (which I prefer anyway). But I'm almost ready to go back to v1.5 as I see no REAL benefit w/ 1.6 at this point. Checking battery life data ATM.

F34R

F34RTEHDR01D
Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

I've tried to play catch up in this thread, but I didn't find what I needed. How do I update swype lol. I know it has to be in this thread somewhere, but really, my eyes were bleeding after reading the entire thread; I could have over looked it. Anyone?

atomD21

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I've tried to play catch up in this thread, but I didn't find what I needed. How do I update swype lol. I know it has to be in this thread somewhere, but really, my eyes were bleeding after reading the entire thread; I could have over looked it. Anyone?

It's not in the thread per se, but JaeKar posted a fix for it in another thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-fascinate-rooting-roms-hacks/95827-swipe-issues.html#post1017592

It works great!