[ROM][ZVD]CM7 magpie

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
There were a few requests, so I built my rom for the optimus s. This is based on inferiorhumanorgans cm7 with magpie and a few other changes. I don't own an optimus s so I cannot guarantee any stability.

here's the links:
Kernel - http://db.tt/ZGwoxiGP
Rom - http://db.tt/rDzXNrke

features:
-launcher2
-my kernel
-fm.apk removed
-magpie apps2sd-ext (see below)
-backside updater (thanks jerry!)

Flashing instructions:
Wipe then flash the rom
Flash the kernel
Flash cm7 gapps (optional)
Enjoy

Use gapps for cm7, they can be found at goo.im

The optimus v thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=162598

Thanks to:
Blarf - iho
Firerat - magpie
Mrg666 - various fixes and patches
BobZhome - kernel
Jerryscript - updater
My amazing girlfriend - for dealing with my time consuming hobbies and still loving me. :D
Anyone I forgot

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
My post on the ov forums, with all the unrelated info removed

iho magpie:
This is MY rom
features:
-launcher2
-new kernel
-fm.apk removed
-magpie apps2sd-ext (see below)
-backside updater (thanks jerry!)

magpie:
This is the way i think moving apps to ext should be done. There are no extra apps, no scripts, no flashing extra stuff, no breaking on rom updates. It is all built in to the ROM's framework.
magpie is a kang of the a2sd feature found in cm5, ported to cm6 and 7 by @firer4t. Just go into the manage apps menu, and there is now a button to move to ext right next to the usual move to sd one. it just works. moving apps back is as simple as pressing the move to phone button. simple, works.

note: gapps are not included in any of my roms. get that from your favorite place to find gapps

downloads:
https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc_common/wiki/Binary - not there yet, look in post one

my kernel:
i took bobzhome's kernel and applied the -ck patchset to it, added the sio scheduler, and several other tweaks. the result is bobzhome's kernel, tweaked for responsiveness
for those who didn't understand a word i said, here you go: i took bobzhome's kernel and tweaked it to be more responsive and less likely to lag. enjoy
dl - look at post one
source - https://github.com/tvall43/android_kernel_thunderc

Last edited:

deejayadhd

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
the magpie thing sounds very appealing, being able to control what goes to ext and have important stuff stay on internal memory. will definitely be trying this out soon.

do we need to partition the sd card beforehand? to ext4 or 3?

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
the magpie thing sounds very appealing, being able to control what goes to ext and have important stuff stay on internal memory. will definitely be trying this out soon.

do we need to partition the sd card beforehand? to ext4 or 3?

Yeah the sdcard needs to be partitioned. Technically you could format it to any Linux fs your kernel supports (ext, reiserfs, btrfs, etc.). I use ext4.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It works fine for me and runs smooth as butter. Good job on the rom and kernel.
Here are some things I've noticed however.
- Camera is broken.
- Backside updater force closes upon opening.
- Reboot option in power menu has bootloader option, its not necessary we don't have a bootloader.
- You could include your kernel with the rom so people don't have to flash it seperate.
- It runs slow sometimes when you are in the browser and go to check notifications.
- Havent tried magpie and probably wont because I don't like the idea of partitioning my sdcard.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
It works fine for me and runs smooth as butter. Good job on the rom and kernel.
Here are some things I've noticed however.
- Camera is broken.
- Backside updater force closes upon opening.
- Reboot option in power menu has bootloader option, its not necessary we don't have a bootloader.
- You could include your kernel with the rom so people don't have to flash it seperate.
- It runs slow sometimes when you are in the browser and go to check notifications.
- Havent tried magpie and probably wont because I don't like the idea of partitioning my sdcard.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

- I'll look into the camera. No idea what's going on. A logcat would help.
- backside updater currently isn't working. If it downloads a bad manifest or can't download one, it force closes. It is set to pull it from my personal server, which is down
- I try to avoid messing with code I don't understand, I'm new at this. I'll look into this. Any idea where that code is?
- I will be including a kernel, but I need to decide what to do about that. I could continue with the code base I have (virgin mobile froyo source, optimized for cm7) or use a sprint kernel.

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
While I'm trying to figure it out I installed something call adw.launcher2.apk its not as good though

Sent from futuristic optimus s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174