Root timeline

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Root timeline.

I'm hopeful that ICS will do a better job of managing CPU clock speed when not under load, but if for some reason it doesn't then I may root in order to be able to underclock the device when asleep.

Reactions: bbhybridchris

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
If it runs stock Android I won't have a need to remove bloatware, so I probably won't have a need to root.
If everything works great without tweaking, then I'm good.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Aguaski

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
No root for me. I use the Good For Enterprise app to access work email and Good has administrator controls that will disable the app if root is detected. I would love to root for the WiFi tethering but work email with Good is more important.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

When I bought by DX, I waited a couple weeks to root:

A) so I understood what I was doing
B) because I wanted to really use my phone heavily to determine if it was bug free before technically voiding the warranty

If I need to have my DX serviced, I know how to flash back to stock and erase any traces of root, but does anyone know if rooting a Nexus device will still void the warranty?

Assuming it would, I'll probably wait a few weeks to determine if my phone has any hardware bugs.

CR6

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
@ diest ; rooting any device will void the warranty. Just make sure you know how to return it to stock and you'll have no problems with said warranty issues.
Good luck!

tap'n

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site

I know that the second I have it I'll be trying to root it and unlock the wireless tether. And then beating my hands bloody because it didn't work and VZW found yet another way to block my tethering. Then climbing the walls waiting for someone to figure out how to tether. When the dust settles 5 minutes after the device is released someone will have an answer to rooting/tethering and all will be right with the world.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I know I'll be rooting it very soon after acquiring it. If for any reason to just be able to access the hardware settings.