rooted and running skyraider

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I think its because you have the updated radio and it won't let you roll back to the older one. I'm trying the same thing and getting the same results. I restored to my original back-up of my stock 2.1. Will still being rooted with the updated 2.05.00.06.11 radio effect the 2.2 ota. If so, how do I unroot and roll back to the original radio?

NoobTube

May 5, 2010
Visit site
why do you want the OTA? There is a Skyraider ROM coming out tomorrow based on the OTA as well *** a bunch of other ROMs based off of OTA where you wont lose root.

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I don't really care to be rooted, the only reason I did was because I didn't think the ota was going to happen until Christmas.... I just want to cover my bases too in case something happens to my phone and I have to get it warrantied. I'm fine with the stock 2.2 ota.

jllargent

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't really care to be rooted, the only reason I did was because I didn't think the ota was going to happen until Christmas.... I just want to cover my bases too in case something happens to my phone and I have to get it warrantied. I'm fine with the stock 2.2 ota.

same thing

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

And yes, I should have thought the warranty thing through before rooting, but I was irritated and impatient.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
And yes, I should have thought the warranty thing through before rooting, but I was irritated and impatient.

It's all reversible. So read up on it. But since you are rooted I would wait till a ROM based off this comes out, Saturday for Skyraider and flash it. It will be better than the OTA. To flash the stock img file you have to have s-off btw.

Jdyount

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
To reset my phone to stock I had to:

1. Turn s-off using this: public:forever [RootWiki]

2. Restore to stock radio/image by using the first four steps under the rooted section here: [ROM]*07/27 Leaked OTA* Stock 2.2 with Sense [SOME BUGS!!] - xda-developers

3. Root again using: unrevoked3 recovery reflash tool, v3.1

4. Turn s-on using (look in the faq section): public:forever [RootWiki]

5. Restore, again, to stock radio/image by using the first four steps under the rooted section here: [ROM]*07/27 Leaked OTA* Stock 2.2 with Sense [SOME BUGS!!] - xda-developers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salpha